1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Season tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Definitely a messed up system.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I'm choosing to not renew for next season. This team's lack of effort has completely ruined NBA basketball for me. On top of that, it seems like they've been reducing the additional benefits of having season tickets every year since I've started.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Is it sad that I'm rooting for a total rebuild? I enjoyed the STH experience when we had Lowry and K-mart battling to get in the playoffs a lot more than last season. Prices were affordable, you got free concession cash, met players, got free upgrades.

Now they use the 20% discount card for the teams hop as an incentive to buy season tickets. Yeah i'd rather watch a young hungry squad than this entitled group of losers. I'm hoping back on as soon ass a rebuild happens even if their the least talented team in the league.

4. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

What I am afraid of is if we were able to sign a big free agent this summer and turn it around next year. I am sure they will increase the tickets prices too if we are able to pull that off.

Now I am rooting for us to not sign a big free agent. What the hell is wrong with me???

I am so salty from last nights game.

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I was just thinking about how I'd probably still be willing to buy season tickets if this were the Lowry/Scola Rockets. Those guys were so easy to root for because you could tell how much they wanted to win.

As a STH, last year was great. Beating Dallas and LAC in the playoffs felt great. But it's alarmingly apparent that this team has deep-rooted problems and last year was pretty much as good as it can get with this group.

I actually just got off the phone with my rep and it felt like I was breaking up with someone. We'll see what happens, but I've never been as down on this franchise as I am right now. When you put your time, money, and emotional investment into watching a team, the least you can hope for is for it to be repayed with effort. It feels like my trust has been betrayed; so much so that I can barely stomach watching the games on TV.

1 person likes this.
  6. htownballa1622

You're a "fair weather fan."

Naw, remember when you called me that for not being happy when CyberX said ticket prices would spike?

I called this at the beginning of the year.

Not renewing my season tix(half season) was the best decision I've made.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You don't know the definition of fair weather fan. I quit being a STH when the team was at it's PEAK. I became a STH when they were at their WORST.

I'm the definition of being with my team in when they suck and being priced out when they think their hot ****. Nice try.

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Anyone have courtside seats?

9. htownballa1622

Clearly you're not getting my sarcasm.

I too was going to more games when we were year by year getting the 9 seed.

I haven't gone to one game this year(despite watching every game at home).

Therefore you calling me a fair weather fan was dumb on your part which is my point. That's why I initially was angry with the ticket spike.

10. htownballa1622

I lied, I went to the Boston game where they spanked us.

Friend of mine gave me tickets to that debacle.

11. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I just re-upped for my 16th year....misery loves company.....

1 person likes this.
  12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'm renewing for my 11th season, I'm in it for the long run as long as I have someone to get them with me

Frustrated, incorporated

13. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

true fan. :cool:

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You guys are the ones to blame. They gonna get their money regardless

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

No truer words, brother.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I went to 12 games last year, counting one in sa and one in Dallas. This year? 0. **** this effort

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't renew. There is no way I am going to show my support when the players just don't care. Morey better ****ing hire a good coach or I'll continue not caring. I sent a rant to my rep to let them know why I was not renewing. I hope others followed suit to get the attention of the FO.

18. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

If you buy ST in the offseason you get screwed over. If you buy ST in the offseason when it comes time for playoffs you have to renew in order to get the discounted rate. If not then you have to pay all the tickets up front or some scam like that. Such a scam. Hope no one buys ST next year.

19. AB423

AB423 Member

First year season ticket holder and last year. They asked me to renew my season tickets for next year and that I would have to renew in order to get discounted playoff tickets. I declined. Lost so much money this year because of ****ty rockets fans and ****ty play. The only thing that helped me make some money back was Kobe retiring.

20. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Ditto.