1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Season tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What are the perks of being a Season ticket holder?

I'm currently deciding wether or not to buy season tickets for next season.

These seats will be on the second floor. What should I ask for from the sales rep?

Thanks for the advice.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If you bought some now, you could have guaranteed you some seats for the 2011 playoffs.
    You picked a hell of a season to join aboard.

The three main benefits, at least what I think they shill is the Season Launch Party, the Holiday Party, and Play Day.

They also give you a pretty sweet yearly gift for getting season tickets. My first year, they gave us a sweet ass blanket. It was a huge 22, and the scores of the 22 games. The following year was a duffel bag. This year, it was a collapsible cooler. During the Holiday Party, they gave us an extra gift, because I don't remember them giving it away in past years. We had choice between a barbecue set, lawn chairs, and some picnic set up. I chose the Lawn Chairs. Sometimes, they give you good discounts on a suite. IE. We couldn't sell this suite for the night, so let's still try to make a buck off some sucker. Better than having it sit there for the night.

Also, things like attending every game gets you something like a gift card or an autograph ball or something.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

you upper or low bowl Kam?

I'm looking at upper because the view good and almost half the price of the cheapest lower bowl seat. 416 to be exact.
    Do the reps treat you any different if you are upper or lower (goodies wise)?

I'm really looking forward to being a season ticket holder.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm in the upper. We are currently at 421. I think I'm moving to 420. I don't think our rep treat us any different. At least I don't notice if she does. I mean, she let me turn in some stuff pretty late, so I guess it's cool.

In our renewal packet they sent, they had some DVD in there. I'm sure it's some Rockets propaganda stuff. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it says something like it's a great to be a Rockets Season Ticket holder.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's a "Membership Rich in Tradition."

If you do get season tickets, which hopefully you do, because it's worth it, despite the record, avoid a guy name Richard. That guy sucks ass.

I hope he reads this forum.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

lol. No Richard here. I've always wanted the chance to be a Season ticket holder because I love the team. Not just the record.

7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of my friends used to be a rep for the Rockets. 416 is probably one of the best sections on the second floor. A lot of people like to buy season tickets for that section. I think it's worth it especially if you have a buddy that's going in with you.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yeah, I meant that too. I like the team, I like the game. It's been a part of me for a while. I like seeing it at the highest level, if you want to call that a high level.

If you receive a good ticket rep, you'll do find. If you end up with this Richard fella, you're pretty much doomed. Build a good relationship with your rep.

9. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

I second this...Avoid the dude like the plague.

Been in the lower corner for the past 2 years. Great experience. Nothing beats watching the games live and being there when everyone is on their feet and getting rowdy.

10. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

This will be my 8th year, and I've been very pleased overall.

1) Parties - Play Day, Christmas, Launch Party
    2) Gifts - This year I ended up with a blanket, autographed Clyde Jersey and Yao autographed shoes
    3) Extra Perks - They have a point system based on your attendance, tenure, # of seats and seat location, the more points you get the more perks you get....and you choose these perks. Last year I got 2 tickets for 4 extra games with my points, this year I'll be getting extra money for concessions/rockets shop.
    4) Discounts on extra regular season tickets - If my friends need tickets, they come to me, I call my rep and give them my friends information. They avoid the extra fees, and get them for less than face value.
    5) Did I mention the parties? This year at the Play Day we got to take our picture with K-Mart at his locker.
    6) Kind of goes along with #4 - when you buy season tickets you get them for less than face value.
    7) Guaranteed playoff tickets

Negatives

1) It gets expensive....tickets+parking+concessions+gas = more money than you probably planned on spending
    2) You may have tickets you're not able to use or sell. I usually end up having to give away 3-4 games per year because I get canceled on at what seems like the last minute. Go search, I posted on here that I was giving a game away for free, and I did it just so they wouldn't go to waste, but that was $50 down the drain.
    3) Playoff tickets - if you want them, you have to pay in advance, even if we're not yet a lock. This year I think they began selling them about a month ago. They're also more expensive than you usually pay and they get more expensive every round.
    4) The parties aren't what they were a few years ago. Before you could play games with the players, go up and meet them, and win a lot of great prizes. They've cut back on that CONSIDERABLY! Basically to the point that I look forward to the parties, but am not very excited.

Overall it's great. If you're not sure, then start small. Get 2 half season tickets in a $9 section (my first section was 417) for $396 total. You may like your seats, or you may want to upgrade, but it doesn't hurt to start small.

Pugs

1 person likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've known season ticket holders that got bumped courtside. Rare though.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I usually get bumped courtside at least once a year, the past 5 seasons I've been one. It's usually when I sign up for the High 5 Club, where you get to be in the court during the starting lineup and my rep hooks us up with good seats, if its a game vs. a lower tier team.

Nothing much to add, 416 isn't bad, try to get to the corner as much as possible, I started out at 418 since it was the cheapest, then moved over to 421 Row 12, then Row 10, and going to do 420 Row 5 next year.

I think its worth it as long as you have someone to do it with you. I've had at least 1 to do it with me, and as much as 4 others to do it with me. Just make sure to get Perfect Attendance, so you can get an autograph team ball or a choice of $100 gift cards (this year its HEB or Vic/Anthonys).

One more thing to add about the parties they throw, it was actually 4 when I started which included a end of the season party, but they stopped that my second season. If your one of the first 500 to show up at the parties, you get a voucher for either an autograph or photo session. I've had pics with Mutumbo, Hayes, Lowry, Brooks, Scola, and got Yao this past party at Play Day 2 weeks ago.

I too am not a fan of Richard, he's talked down to me last year when we were thinking about upgrading and I wanted to slap him over the phone if I could.

#12 Dave2000, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Was a season ticket holder for years before moving away, and loved it. I must say though, I never got an ass blanket.

1 person likes this.
  14. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

All good reasons listed to be a season ticket holder. Another would be that you pay significantly less per ticket than the individual game buyer. My Wife and I are looking at finally getting really nice seats and the cheapest club ticket is $125, however on a individual game basis it is somewhere around $190.

But I'm pretty sure every season ticket in the building regardless of location is discounted. My rep is Richard by the way, I haven't had any problems with him. Seems pretty nice the times that I have met him and talked to him.

1 person likes this.
  15. pugsly8422

To add to my original post, my rep is Stephen, and he's been great working with me and answering my questions. I think I drive him crazy calling and emailing him so often!

Pugs

16. REEKO_HTOWN

It's done. I'm a season ticket holder now. Logi is my rep and he closed me with 2 suite tickets and parking passes to Lady GaGa tonight.

17. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you've become a little monster now?

1 person likes this.
  18. pugsly8422

Congrats!! Great to hear! Where'd you end up? Did you go for full or half season?

Pugs

1 person likes this.
  19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Cool.

No Bon jovi? No Bob seger?

20. REEKO_HTOWN

416 2nd row. Full season.

No I'm not a monster but my gf will is making gracious promises to me right now :grin:

I'm happy with my rep. I really hope the strike doesn't last too long. Thx everyone