1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets season concluded in one thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Dec 15, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You can't correct stupid easily.

JB was under McHale's pathetic coaching for 4 odd years and you expect him to turn it around ASAP. All those bad habits players developed in 4 years under the same regimen

It's stupid of Morey to expect a rookie assistant, a mid 30's guy to fix the mess McHale got us into

2. stefanb

stefanb Member

I'm starting to see a huge comparison with the New York Knicks with Amare and Carmelo. Everyone thought they would be an amazing team but they ended up failing miserably not only with injuries but with selfishness, no direction, and no real team chemistry. Again, this is what you have to get used to if you want to be in the club of being a Rockets fan. I truly became a fan in the 05' playoffs with the Mavericks. Frustration and heartbreak is that fuzzy feeling you get when you know you're a Rockets fan. It's like that girlfriend that treats you like crap, but you don't leave her because you still love her. I loved watching the Rockets under Adelman when we had Landry and Hayes and all of those guys. They had heart. This team just looks so not into it.

3. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Is it just me or did anyone else read the title and thought it was in reference to the we don't play any contenders thread.

4. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah: this season sucks because of McHale, and last season was great not because of McHale, right? Half this board writes from pure emotion: "I want more!!!!"

6. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Agree. Especially the Dwight part. I wonder where are the results from those hours of training post-moves with Hakeem and Mchale went to? All he does currently in his post move is turn once and jump as high as he can for the shot. No pump-fake or footwork whatsoever.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

At this point, I don't see any combination of attainable players that could fit in with Harden and Dwight to win a championship. I think the pipe dreams we had in seasons past that these two would lead us to a championship and we we were just missing a key one or two pieces are officially over. The one or two pieces we are missing...are basically ghosts. It's like saying we would have won it all if we only got Bosh. You know there would have been issues once he was here. It wouldn't have been smooth sailing.

We just have to accept this team for what they are...a team that last season went on a good run and surprised us but has now regressed to the point where they are not even in the conversation. The Mavs are more in the conversation than this team.

What's supposed to change to give us credibility. Faces can change but the core of the team is still Harden and Dwight. And, that core just doesn't seem to work well enough. Harden has to do too much with too little D and Dwight is in whatever-land half the time. Sure, we can blame the supporting cast all we want and maybe we still just don't have the right one. But, what is the right one around Harden and Howard? No one knows. It's the big mystery. I mean...Josh Smith seemed to compliment the team well and we could have had him for peanuts...and we let him go. Made no sense whatsoever. You get rid of the guy who was the obvious difference maker in the Mavs playoff series and had some unbelievable games for us.

I dunno what you do with this team. This is like the Francis-Yao years. It never quite worked...good but not good enough. I'm about at the point where you start rebuilding and you gotta make some big trades to do that. First, you gotta admit this is never going to work.

#27 Surfguy, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Concluded in one word

Turd

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

They need to grow balls.- Mario Ellie