1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets schedule released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The83rdWonder, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Asian Sensation

If we play well we will get picked up for more National TV games. Being as we missed the playoffs last year and don't really have a bonafide superstar (Yao doesn't count) 3 games sounds about right.

2. Dream Shake 81

Stern is a Mobster. Anyone who is a commissioner for a business this big has to be involved with shady dealings.

I wonder what the Rockets Org. did to piss him off. 21 back to backs is brutal. I think it goes back to the JVG days. Stern had to have seen the Dallas game where we got screwed by that "rouge" ref. He got a Memo saying "Make calls on Yao for traveling & offensive fouling"... Who did that come down from?? What an A-Hole. I love watching the Rox play just as much as the next guy but this is why our guys are getting injured. 2nd game in a Back to Back makes them have weak legs contributing to muscle pulls, strains, ankle sprains.. and ultimately fatigue. Death has a design..... Stern is it's architect.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's good. Once we go on another 50 game winstreak this season. ESPN, TNT, and David Stern will all change their minds on who to air 24/7. :grin:

6. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Your carzy, neither stern or the league wants us to lose on purpose. There are 8 teams with more back to backs then the Rockets. Your just being a typical Rockets fan.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so stern must really hate the bulls? they have 23 and lead the league :rolleyes:

8. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Not only do we have the most back-to-backs, but I would also argue that we travel more miles, just as we did last season. I haven't calculated it, as someone did for last year's schedule (which showed that we had more miles than any other team). This year's seems no different after scanning.

For instance in November, we go thru Wash, Ind, NY, back home to play Chi, then its back on the road for an OKC bk2bk, then back up to the east coast, way up, to play Toronto when we were just there 4 Frigin Days Ago...wtf. Why not get that Toronto game in when we were up there already?

And then to kick off 2011, we're @ Por & Den bk2bk, then back home for a one game home stand before going to Orl for the start of another bk2bk that has us back home to host Uth, then back up to Bos, then back home to host OKC. Instead of having Orl & Bos on ONE road trip.

'One' is a big number for the Rockets for another reason, it seems. They have seven 'one game home stands'. Than seems disproportionate, though I'm not going to count the 28 other teams schedules right now...

I do like that very much, but it's almost as if it will be difficult for the Rockets to have established a home court advantage to count on down the stretch. Perhaps I'm being to pessimistic, idk..

There's a lot about this post that I like. Is it all true, any of it? I can see a lot of it being true.

But I'll try not to think about the ramifications of that. I'll try to stay optimistic that all those NBA miles don't lead to the Rocket's also leading the league in players on the Injured Reserve.

1 person likes this.
  9. jman255

jman255 Member

I care! I would like to watch the games, but now I can't.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I don't. Get a better computer and ditch the TV bro

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I just don't get it, why do we get the toughest schedule in the NBA, are we being targeted every year..I don't get it. :confused: :confused:

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Dang, only one game for LA here. When do tix go on sale?

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

well only 3 games on national tv !!!it's time to get a cable.

14. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I'm kind of glad the Rockets only play the Lakers 3 times this season. It stinks that there will be only one home game verse them because those are some fun ones to go to. However, if that means the Rockets get 1 more in the Win column by playing a team like the Clippers or T Wolves or some horrible team 4 times instead of the Lakers, fine by me. It may come down to 1 game when it comes time to making playoffs or ranking in playoffs.

15. Showtizzle2642

Sweet looks like i'll be making a trip to miami at the end of march... the tricky part is to get those tickets.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Heat just broke Jordan's 95-96 Bulls record for national televised games.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if wikipedia had an entry for the term 'w****', stern's pic would be featured in the gallery section at the bottom

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

So you are saying there are 21 other teams that don't have more back to backs than the Rockets? Rockets got the short end of the stick.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm curious to know how many back-to-backs miami and fakers got

20. NBA_Elite

NBA_Elite Member

Oh well, at least we have more games than wolves, nets, bobcats, cavaliers, raptors, 76ers, pacers, pistons and hornets, which makes us 10th worst in the League.