1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets schedule released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The83rdWonder, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

[​IMG]

It's like clubbing baby seals!

2. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Carl Landry gets no love.

3. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

So we get the Lakers, Suns, Blazers, and Jazz only 3 times this year. Lakers and Blazers are two away games, but the Suns and Jazz are two home games. I don't think we'll be fighting for a tie break with the Lakers, but it's definitely possible with the Blazers, Jazz, and Suns. I like that we get the leg up for the tie break on the Jazz and Suns.

I like our closing schedule. We play the Spurs, Hawks, and Mavs at home and draw some scrub teams (I include the Hornets there). If we're battling for seeding down the strech, at least we have a better shot at closing strongly.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Less than 80 days until the season opener.

That's not too bad.

;)

5. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

Yao's impact is overrated, because even with him we get 3 national tv games. wtf?
    Chicago gets soooo many games? crap

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

3 more national TV appearances than last year though. If you ask me, the NBA needs to address this problem because I think it gives certain teams a competitive advantage over others. Players need the exposure to gain endorsements. If the NBA consistently gives the same 5 or 6 teams complete reign over national TV markets, it gives those teams an advantage in the FA market. If Charlotte and LA are offering the same amount of money for a player, it's a no brainer which team they are going to play for....and this is all in addition to the financial advantages large market teams have in going over the luxury cap to sign talent while still staying profitable.

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Damnit im gonna be out of town on the 29th, i really wanted to be in TC for that one :mad:

8. Raven

Raven Member

5/5 after ten games?

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

We had a national TV game last season against the j*zz on BSPN.

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think NBAtv do count as National TV. So we have 11 appearances. It's just that we don't get more of the TNT and ESPN. Nevertheless, since i am not from Houston, i can at least get to watch them on NBAtv.

Plus, being low profile is good, it'll get us more wins.

11. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

Not true. I used to have your opinion.

Players simply want to win. Its a 2 fold thing, teams have control over where players go :(see: David Lee going to Golden State, you think Lee is thinking he can win a ring in Golden State ? no way)

2. players want to join the best players to win. joining kobe,lebron,wade,dwight,gives you a better chance to win than joining jordan hill

I already told you guys its the chicken and egg . You need a superstar to attract a superstar to join your team by trade/signing, but how do you get the initial superstar to start the process? The only way is to tank and get a superstar in draft, that will lead to other superstars to notice your club.(and more national tv )

But you guys frown upon tanking, so Id like to see how any of you (including morey) expect to get a superstar without tanking.

This dreamcast of paul is dumb. Paul and Carmelo are soon to be FA and will go where they can join kobe,lebron,dwight.

We have a better chance to get bosh via trade than get a FA. Hopefully 1 day Lebron wants bosh traded, and Riley will do what lebron wants. But it still wont work because even though Bosh has no no-trade clause you just know he doesnt want to play here because his agent completely disrespected Morey . We are screwed. Btw, Iggy isnt a superstar, and Granger is getting old quick with injuries.

Just enjoy our role players and hope they have great chemistry, but that will only get you 3 national tv games max, and when Yao retires, a team of HIll,scola,ariza will get zero national tv games. Enjoy it while it lasts.

ps: when we had a healthy tmac we got more tv than yao now. that tells me that american viewers,espn, care more about dunks than china facter of yao.

12. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

clippers tanked/sucked got Griffin and now have more tv exposure

kings tanked/sucked got tyreke and now have equal tv exposure

im sure theres more examples, my point is american viewers outside of houston dont give a DAMN about watching scola,hill,brooks ...theres no awe inspiring dunks or superstars...and everyone outside of houston thinks yao is done.

maybe he is ., i suspect he is. enjoy our 3 tv games. because when yao is gone there will be no tv on national tnt.

getting iggy wont get an espn game. we need a real awe inspiring superstar like a prime tmac of 2004. wont happen without tanking because nobody wants to play here ...the nba isnt like football or baseball where there is parity....you need to be real bad for a couple of years to get a superstar in draft. In nfl you can get a Brian Cushing superstar with #15 pick, but in nba you need to be top 5 in draft to even have a chance to get one.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Heat with 29 nationally televised games, Lakers have 19.

I'm guessing nobody else will even come close to that.

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

lol @ the guys that said having 4 days off is impossible, hence the forced game in between the 26th and 30th, yet we have that saturday-wednesday off following. that's happened to us every year now.

Anyways, decent looking schedule.

15. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Of all the teams that have actually tanked and tried to get a true star you pick two teams that didn't tank, but genuinely sucked as your examples?

Try using Miami with Beasley, Cleveland/Denver with LeBron, but Reke in Sacramento. They were the 4th pick? Clippers with Blake? Try Washington who started hanging up games at the end of the year. I see your point, but your arguement is horrible.

16. Ditty

Ditty Member

is that including nba tv games? the spurs have 22 national televised games but thats including nba tv

17. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I love the stretch run schedule in April, except for facing the Mavs in the 2nd to last game of the season.

18. Raven

Raven Member

The Networks are in heat for the heat.

Me, I'm already bored of them.

19. Classic

Classic Member

I just put a call into the ticket reps for Dec 29th...

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Have the 5 games me and the wife are going to this year penciled in.