1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Schedule 2016-2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Aug 11, 2016.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I wonder what the team record is for most sets of 2 games in a row with the same opponent? I count 3 times. I don't remember them having more than one.

Opening schedule is tough.

March is BRUTAL as far as opponent quality. Better have their **** together by then. Last games in April aren't bad.

That said there are very few games or stretches where i am confident they'll do well or horribly... Which probably speaks to the uncertainty around the team.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

you can just tell which teams the nba wants to have a high draft pick, lakers, twolves, etc

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Source?

5. alethios

alethios Member

If the Lakers had at least won 50% of their games, they would have a lower SOS score, similar to ours. They may surprise some people this (by actually winning more games).

6. rockets13champs

It is very front heavy.

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Strength of schedule rankings for all 30 NBA teams: Overall, Pre/Post-ASG (with differential), and by month. <a href="https://t.co/s0wZSBhvrw">pic.twitter.com/s0wZSBhvrw</a></p>&mdash; Yaya Dubin (@JADubin5) <a href="https://twitter.com/JADubin5/status/763894339579875328">August 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think the one Air Canada posted was kinda skewed as the team with best records having the easiest schedule while the one with the worst records in the previous season had the toughest schedule.

He got another one that show the strength of schedule broke down by months and I think that one seems more rational.

1 person likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is not a conspiracy...it is just pure math.

Showing SOS before any games have been played make zero sense at all, since every team in each conference plays nearly identical schedules. This is not the NCAAs.

So, SOS before any games has started is inversely equivalent to previous season's W-L record...since the teams don't play themselves. Thus LAL has "worst" schedule since they don't play the Lakers, and GSW has "best" schedule since they don't play the Warriors.

There are slight differences between teams of different conferences, but when comparing teams within same conference, they should almost exactly match W-L record reversed.

#68 heypartner, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

GSW is the only team that doesn't face a 70 win team at least twice.

10. heypartner

Yes, breaking it down by month is useful...that's the point of SOS to show who you are playing in a subset of the season...not the whole season.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks for explaining that. I was a bit confused

12. heypartner

While inter-conference are 2 games always, I should have said the there's also a difference between selection of teams you play 4 times v 3 times within conference. Within division is always 4 against your 4 rival teams, and of the other 10, six teams are 4 games and 4 are three. So, within conference, it's almost identical, but not quite. Toughest divisions will have an impact as well as your own personal record. NBA tries to scatter based on W/Ls the 4 teams who you play only 3 times

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Pretty decent schedule, overall and tv wise. The last 2 TNT games: 30 march @ Blazers and 2nd to last game of the season @ LAC.
    Brutal beginning but I like it, more reason for them to work harder now and in training camp. Let's see if Antoni can work his magic!!

14. rockets13champs

Hard to start and easier finnish i like it. We can win those early games against tougher opponents who are gettig their chem
    Together then win those easier late season games.

We gotta beat the nuggets, nets, and kings this year #noexcuses

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh God....

Another 0-5 performance against the Nuggets and Nets will cause the GARM to go full-Chernobyl-meltdown

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Plan on being in attendance for both Rockets games in Dallas, as well as dropping in for a couple in Houston. Might try to do the Thunder game in December in OKC.

EDIT: 7 ESPN and 5 TNT games. Seems like a lot considering the year we had.

EDIT EDIT:

Here's a list of the how many games each team will have on national TV. A total of 164 games will air on ABC, ESPN and TNT this season.

Golden State Warriors: 28
    Los Angeles Clippers: 26
    Cleveland Cavaliers: 25
    Chicago Bulls: 25
    San Antonio Spurs: 23
    New York Knicks: 22
    Boston Celtics: 22
    Oklahoma City Thunder: 22
    Los Angeles Lakers: 15
    Portland Trail Blazers: 14
    Houston Rockets: 13
    Minnesota Timberwolves: 11
    Indiana Pacers 11
    Dallas Mavericks: 9
    Atlanta Hawks: 8
    Utah Jazz: 7
    Toronto Raptors: 6
    Detroit Pistons: 6
    Miami Heat: 5
    Memphis Grizzlies: 5
    Washington Wizards: 5
    Phoenix Suns: 4
    New Orleans Pelicans: 4
    Milwaukee Bucks: 3
    Charlotte Hornets: 3
    Denver Nuggets: 3
    Philadelphia 76ers: 3
    Sacramento Kings: 2
    Orlando Magic:1
    Brooklyn Nets: 1

SOURCE

17. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Cavs win the title and get less than the clippers lol

18. NickKent

NickKent Member

Home and homes are always weird to me, and we have three of those. Also, done with season series with Mavericks on Dec 27.

19. rockets13champs

Los Angeles vs Cleveland

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ranking every NBA schedule from hardest to easiest