1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Salary: Are the Rockets still paying Mark Jackson and Mutombo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matt_Maloney, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Matt_Maloney

Matt_Maloney Rookie

Are the Rockets still paying Mark Jackson and Mutombo?

[​IMG]

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but one thing is for sure, I wish I was getting paid that much. Could anyone explain what a cap hold is?

Also, it surprises me how much some people can get paid for not doing anything for the team (Brad Miller, T-Will)...

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

3. tested911

tested911 Member

So basically Deke can come back? YEEEEESSSS!!!! :grin:

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I love Lampe.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

jopatmc, easy fix for your "trade a retired Yao to make salaries match" proposal:

Bring Jake Tsakalidis out of cupboard (a la Keith Van Horn) for such a trade. I think they can sign him for up to almost $7 million (I think) to match salaries.

Problem solved. :grin:

6. tested911

tested911 Member

I had to look who this guy was... Damn he is still young 26 years old and is 6'11..

He joined the NBA when he was 16?17?

7. Mashing

Mashing Member

Look at that chart; Scola making 16 mil in 4 year is ridiculous. I hope he's traded before that happens.

8. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Buddy, that's not his salary. It's his CAP HOLD.

Luis Scola will likely never make more than the $10.2M he's schedule to make in the 2013-14 season. His $11M+ salary for 2014-15 is almost all non-guaranteed, so he'll be like an Erick Dampier-type mega trade chip in 2014 for any team looking to pull off a salary dump.

10. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

It's amazing that Lee, Hayes, and Bud are so low on that list, when you think about the contribution they had. A couple of things come to mind ... Talent scouts have done well (at least with those two), and a reminder how important size is.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

This is interesting. So Mark Jackson isn't officially retired?

If somebody were to hire him as their head coach, do they have to compensate us? Or can he just officially retire?

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

No, we have no claim to him to demand compensation.

He will probably need to officially retire in order to join the coaching ranks, or maybe not...Im unsure if his official status really matters in that case.