1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Royce White issue joint press release. Suspension lifted, he's joining D-League Feb 11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2013.

1. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Shut up Jeremy.

2. philchips

philchips Member

Screw that nut case.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

so 2 weeks of pay until he refuses again eh?

4. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

#championship

5. cml750

cml750 Member

While there always has to be a first step, this means absolutely nothing until he actually reports to the Vipers. I hope he is finally growing up and ready to try.

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I will applaud this only if he actually shows up and plays. And if he does and his talent brings him to the nba then i hope he gets traded right away because he is a cancer woth hisbentitled bs. Im done with him. Cousins got a gazillion more talent than him and i wouldnt want his entitled butt on my team either.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I dont think i have ever hated an athlete as much as white. Even the j*zz have their redeeming qualities.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Thank you based god!

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

So no more Dr. Phil?

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I think both caved

11. ling ling

ling ling Member

Royce's rookie backpack.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Good, now showcase him and trade him at the earliest opportunity. Total headache, I don't care how good he is.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hope Royce can turn it around. His tweets make him look like a total buffoon, but every time I see him interviewed I see a thoughtful and intelligent (even if mentally unhealthy and immature) 21 year old kid. When I read his tweets, I want to strangle him. When I see him interviewed, I want him to succeed.

Regardless, it's in the best interest of the Rockets, and we as Rockets fans, that Royce raises his market value.

As has been pointed out before, there are examples of players with serious mental health issues having successful careers in the NBA. Ron Artest and Delonte West are the people who have known mental illnesses - but I'm pretty sure there have been others. Dennis Rodman and Latrell Sprewell come to mind. If Royce can be at all productive in the NBA and can, as a bonus, help make changes that pave the way for future players with mental health issues, this is a no brainer.

14. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I'm not so sure since white said that McHale doesn't have the locker room presence and is more like a co-worker. I know in his shoes I wouldn't give minutes to someone who questions my leadership...personally I think we should give dmo, jones, or Macklin a chance before just letting white jump over everyone and get the chance in NBA minutes

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you are Royce White, Kevin Mchale is the best coach you could ever dream of having.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This is the jackass post of the entire thread.

1 person likes this.
  17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Macklin is not on the Rockets so the team would have to cut someone in order to sign him.

I never heard or read where Royce said that McHale did not have locker room presence nor did I read where Royce question McHales leadership. What I heard and read him say was that McHale is not the top decision maker on the team because McHale can not just make decisions on things such as how Royce gets back and forth to games or when he goes to the D-League. Royce specifically talked about how all he had to do was call Fred Hoiberg at Iowa St and he could drive to a game instead of fly.

Unfortunately not even Daryl Morey has the ability to just make those decisions with out considering the CBA. For most of the decisions and agreements between Royce and the Rockets, it has required the approval of the Rockets (Daryl Morey), the NBA and the NBAPA because of the CBA. Hoiberg and Iowa St had no CBA or Union to contend with.

Furthermore he made the comment that Daryl Morey was top dog on the Rockets where as Hoiberg was top dog at Iowa St. This should not be a huge shock since the GM is top dog at pretty much every single NBA franchise.

I don't think McHale sees any of Royces comments as a slight against him.

18. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

It wouldnt surprise me at all. He was Mcfails guy. D-Mo and Jones probably wasnt his picks so it wouldnt surprise me if he was starting by the end of the year and the others will still be in the D=league. I am glad they got it together though.

19. ApuN

ApuN Member

Dude is only going because the ADA doesn't apply to people who never show up for work

Stay tuned Royce White apologist - more fun, frivolities, hijinks, and mayhem after Feb 11...

20. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member