1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Royce White issue joint press release. Suspension lifted, he's joining D-League Feb 11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know if you've been following the board since your imposed hiatus, DD, but sentiment here has turned overwhelmingly against Royce White. Sure, he still has his supporters, and sure, he still has that potential, the reason Morey took that risk in the first place, but most members today have an opinion along the lines of, "Talk is cheap, Tweetie. Why don't you shut your motor mouth and show us something on a basketball court." He's babbled so much about his illness, whatever it really is (who knows, since he stays away from the expert doctors provided by the Rockets like they have the plague), that most of us, in my opinion, are beyond sick of hearing it.

Royce White has done more to damage the possibility of a basketball player with a mental illness getting into the league than anyone I can think of. Great job, Mister White.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to see the guy get a chance. I feel bad for him for his anxiety, however he's not done anything good with his attitude, which has nothing to do with anxiety.

Even if you wish he was gone, you do want his talents to be showcased for trade value.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't have to like him personally to like his game. I love his game and look forward to see ing him dominate the d-league the way he did Kentucky. Whether he stays a Rocket or not, I want to see what Royce can do at an NBA level. At worst, this is about salvaging the value of our 1st round pick. At best, it's a rocky beginning to a long and fruitful relationship.

Can't stand him. Can't wait to see what he can do.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Royce will never play a game for us, this is just a waste of time.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We'll see how it works out for the dude.

Hasn't made it easy on himself for sure. Posting too much negative stuff too frequently. Tries to argue with everybody, be it Morey or just random folks with an opinion, and doesnt know when to quit. Overreact to criticism. Really hard to like someone like this, but, for now, welcome back and best wishes to him nonetheless.

#305 Carl Herrera, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. moose

moose Member

DD is back, ew.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Welcome back, DD.

The Rockets don't have anything to lose by being patient with a talent like White. The roster is loaded and there is time for White to get his footing as a professional and to work on his game. If White can become a great rebounder then that opens opportunities for his transition game which looks pretty spectacular with the added benefit of fitting in with the direction of the team.

8. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Every day I look in this thread thinking: a new tweet by Royce, he ain`t gonna play.

So far so good - tomorrow we`ll see if he shows up and if he has anything left in the tank.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I wish him the best...in another city.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, this a million times yes.

The issue is that the organization can never trust his word, or his availability.

What if it gets down to a game 7 and he is too anxious to play?

That is the problem, even if he was Lebron James (which he is nowhere near), it would not be worth the times he would flake out.

Morey saying that 16th picks usually bust out is accurate, this guy is 100% bust.

The only thing he can do for the Rockets is bring someone else or a pick in trade.

He is untrustworthy, in everything from lap top stealing, to security guard punching to contract signing then demanding RVs and playing time.

If the guy is mentally ill, you can't trust him, if he is a fraud - can't trust him.

It is black and white for me, I want him gone.

DD

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I understand your sentiment but it is hard to really root for a mistake in the draft which has been commented before.
    Guy does not like basketball....
    hard work does beat talent... although I don't view him as a Top 5 talent
    maybe because I think talented college players are everywhere to be found

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

then you sure are not going to be his friend.
    He wants it to be the fairest grey.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The David Nuño interview with Royce White airs on local ABC 13 tonight on the 10 o'clock news. Sports airs around 10:20 or 10:25.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rio Grande... Im here! They're going to get this work, and they're going to love it. <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#LandofLions">#LandofLions</a><a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#BeWell">#BeWell</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/300827671900860416" data-datetime="2013-02-11T04:44:40+00:00">February 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

Are we ever going to know what changed with the "protocol" to where Royce was comfortable working in an unsafe environment?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, he wasn't getting paid and he was starting to run out of money. Couple that with him realizing he wasn't going to get cut and wouldn't be able to sue to get paid his contract and you have him giving in.