1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Got to thinking aobut this today and I appreciate any input on this. Let's say the Rockets re-sign Mo, Moochie, and they also sign Marc Jackson. Let's hold off on re-signing Shandon and Bullard. What would their 12 man roster look like?
    I would have to believe it would be Francis, Mobley, Griffin, Taylor, Norris, Jackson, and Morris are no-brainers. Unfortunately, the Rockets are not going to find anyone to take off the human underachiever Cato off their hands and doubt that they would want to eat the rest of his salary, so you would have to count him. That leaves the remaining 4 spots to be for Collier, Langhi, Walt Williams, Kenny Thomas.
    However, if they re-sign Shandon and Bull and also sign Sean Colson (a close friend of Marc Jackson), then you have 7 guys fighting for those 4 spots. Who stays and who goes?

------------------
    "Did your parents ever have any children that lived?"
    "SIR, YES SIR!"
    "You're so ugly, you could be a modern art masterpiece!"
    --Gunnery Drill Sgt Hartman to Pvt "Gomer Pyle" in Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket

2. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

Give CD a few days and a few phones calls to see what he can come up with. I wouldn't count Anderson as signed yet, I don't think the Rockets will think he is important enough to put up with Fegan again.

------------------

3. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

Collier- I liked him until he got injured last year. I could see him on IR all this year. He's got a nice soft touch though for a big man. As for Walt Williams, he's pretty much expendable. He can hit the 3, but what else can he do?

------------------