1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Road Woes, Don't Expect Them to Change

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texas Stoke, Apr 17, 2009.

1. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Thats whats scars me that if we get down 0-1 that we will get blown out in game 2 then we will have to win both games at home at all cost. They may not match up well with us, but lets not forget that if the game is close they will front Yao and that will bring big problems for us.

2. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I hate all these Rockets "fans" that try to reverse jinx the team into wins, or whatever the hell they're doing. Or just trying to act like they're unbiased and "realistic" fans. No. It's BS.

Not only are you wrong (because we're not even close to THAT bad of a road team), but you are weak. Have some faith in your team or GTFO. People like you make me queezy. You are not allowed to celebrate with the rest of us when we start winning in the playoffs.

3. choujie

choujie Member

Tmac used to be the best road player for Rox, Alston plays well on the road too. It requires experience and star power to play well on the road.

4. duran2u

duran2u Member

are u serious if i have a bad game today it doesn't mean im going to have one tomorrow. Just because the rockets dont have home court advantage doesnt mean they will lose this series. Remember the rockets of old that didnt have home court advantage and went on to win a championship. "clutch city" I think they were called. This current rockets team is too talented and a lil too deep to lose to Portland this year with or without home court thanks to CL, VW, KL even Brent Barry. This team was built to win not to lose in the first round again.

5. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Those teams had far better leadership and were a far better team......

But I still agree that we will win this series. I just always like point out when people compare any recent Rockets team, to the championship teams... not comparable

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You don't have to apologize for sharing a completely worthless opinion with us.

7. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I cant see the Blazers fronting too much if they play Oden or Prizbilla. If they front with Aldridge, he'll get worn out.... and if they go small, they'll lose their rebounding advantage, which for them is big. I dont think they're a team that can outscore opponents outright, they rely on their bigs for defense and rebounding. I cant see them going small for too long.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Portland had the second best home record in the West, second to LA (34-7). They are on a serious roll. At the end of the season they were beating playoff teams left and right including LA. Obviously the key is a win in the Rose Garden. I would prefer the first game, Saturday night. If that happens, the Rockets have "home court" back and a chance. My heart wants it to happen; my head says Portland in seven, with the home teams winning all their games. Those boneheaded losses to lottery teams and there were a boatload of them and the Disaster in Dallas will likely be the undoing of the season. :(

9. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Really ?? I dont know why, my head and heart both say we knock em out early....

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

After Dallas, I agree the Rox have a lot to prove about their ability to play on the road. The Rox need to get one of the 2 games in Portland, they can't hold serve down 2-0 and think they're going to come back on Portland.

11. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Rockets will sweep the series. Ill be at game 4.
    Ill bask in the glory of the victory go on a drinking binge and spend the night in jail.
    When I get out ill still be basking in the glory!

G0 R0CKETS!!!!