1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Renew Bid for Butler, offering FOUR first-round picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Oct 25, 2018.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

But the reality is we likely don’t see a player anywhere close to the caliber of Paul or Harden for a very very long time.

Gotta roll the dice at some point.

D-rock, Smacktle, Chanmarr and 4 others like this.
  2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Seriously, some of these people act like they're going to live forever. Oh no big deal, we'll just wait another 25 years until we have players as good as the ones we have now.

D-rock, IvanLCPM, Smacktle and 7 others like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This gonna be a **** show in 2 years. **** mee

RKREBORN likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

People should also consider that there's a decent/good chance Durant bolts the Warriors next summer, now imagine if this happens and the Warriors are left with Curry, Klay and Green while we're going out there with James, Jimmy and CP...

Jake Tower, Y2JT, IvanLCPM and 6 others like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

They don’t see him as a rental. They want him resigned and they want him and Paul and Harden to go balls to the wall for the next three to four years.

As a fan, this is exactly what we want. An owner and a GM willing to do what needs to be done.

Deuce, Y2JT, D-rock and 22 others like this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Are you sure? Replacing Ariza with JB, keeping Tuck. I thought this is what everyone wanted.

I dont think some here realize how good JB is. Did you see where Minnie was b4 he got hurt last year? As far as 2 way wings go he is top 3 in the NBA. Our picks would be low anyway.

Do you have a better trade idea that can give us a chance THIS year? Cp3 is aging. Hell i'm aging. Its been nearly a quarter century since we won the chip. F**k it. Go all in.

The time is now.

D-rock, IvanLCPM, Smacktle and 7 others like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If we send Chriss and knight and 4 first for butler .... I guess I can live with it .

Especially if we get a couple of seconds back .

I'm pretty sure at that point we will give butler whatever deal he wants . As long as he doesn't get hurt we can flip one of Paul/butler in a year or so to say out of the repeater tax .

If he's a rental this is a pretty **** move . It still might be worth 3 first rounders , but not 4 .

Paul
    Harden
    Butler
    Tucker
    Clint

With Gordon and Melo and Ennis off the bench is disgusting .

jch1911, D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  8. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Why are yall complaining about this move? We're not a lottery team. Our 1st rd picks are essentially early 2nd rd picks because we'll be a top 4 team when these picks occur. Only 1 of these picks will most likely be a decent pick. The others will be garbage players who will be sent to Rio Grand Valley.

Butler makes us a true contender for the next 5 years with Paul, Harden and Capela. Get this trade locked up tonight.

BaselineFade, D-rock and AB83Rules like this.
  9. Know Your Role

Other GM's upon reading the Woj tweet: :
    [​IMG]

I'm kinda like:
    [​IMG]

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This is what I was hoping for. All in and let's git 'er done. Can you imagine 1, 2, 3 potential championship runs? Hell we could be the Astros of the NBA. :D

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed , and even if harden and Paul started petering out say around 22'

How good would a player we drafted in 23' be ? .... it would take years for him to get to his prime and for us to surround him enough talent to compete ( assuming we hit on our draft pick)

D-rock, clutchdabear and DonKnock like this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I aint disagreeing... just saying we are totally painting ourselves into a corner and losing any future flexibility - which has always been morey's hallmark... we let Dragic walk bc morey didnt want to give him a player option for 1 year... lol

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Provided Butler is willing to re-sign and neither Gordon or Tucker are in the offer, I have no problem with this.

The Rockets’ window is this year and next. Adding Butler while losing no key pieces gives them a good shot at dethroning Golden State, and once the window closes, Morey can trade from the core to recoup those first round picks.

Y2JT, jboslett, IvanLCPM and 4 others like this.
  14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Woj leaked this to get other teams to step it up. We ain't gettin Jimmah

J.R. and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

But man will we be fun to watch for the next 2.

BaselineFade, DonKnock and megastahr like this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Four 1st found picks?? :eek:

In Morey we trust.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I thought that too. Obviously, if a team offers you that, you take it, it's a ****ing no-brainer. They're holding out for other offers and they're likely the ones that leaked it to begin with.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

From the MIN side of things .... even though the players we are offering are knight and Chriss .... can we imagine them turning down 4 firsts !?

Ok our 19 pick will be **** ... our 21 pick will also probably not be great ... but our 23 and 25 have a shot at being good picks .

Also , these are picks they get in addition to their own . That's 2 good shots every other draft to find talent to our next to towns / Wiggins. Knight could very well turn into a positive asset next season . Chriss is expiring .

Also , if butler was pouting before ... does this not kinda prove that MIN is negotiating in bad faith . Keep in mind ... butler helps them ONLY this season . He's 100 percent going to leave .

19. 9baller

9baller Member

2 yard line?

DonKnock likes this.
  20. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

What 1st round picks have we developed anyway...Morey finds value in late 1st round sleepers and 2nd rounds gems anyway...those deals can always be made during draft...if it means keeping PJ...I say Get er done Morey!

BaselineFade likes this.