1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets releasing new "fan" site

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. droxford

droxford Member

In the thread named "Do you remember the first game you attended?" I added a post that said, "Nope. I was in diapers"

... and they deleted it.

Sheesh.

They're gonna have a hard time keeping people there if they're gonna censor it so heavily.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Well this issue is, while clutch doesn't let us curse and post pictures of boobies, he does let us get away with murder. Half the stuff I say I know I should be banned for, but Clutch is awesome like that. When we end up going to other forums, at least in my case, whether it be Rockets or not I get in trouble. This Rocket's fan site is a bad idea because it really does nothing to promote the team and only infuriates hard core fans.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do they have a D & D? ;)

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

#104 AroundTheWorld, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

can't...stop...laughing

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey now, I am right about 98+% of the time, it is just that some people don't like to hear the truth, or are just too dumb to understand.

;)

DD

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

well they took care of one problem... they have restricted content creation to "writers only" so that not everyone can change the pages.

:)

You all are having a good ole time in the forum I see... I wish I didn't have to work today... I'd love to play

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Can you plaease tell me when you are wrong DD :D I mean there are still 2 % left :)

BTW, you are changing your sig like every day

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

send all the newbs there! ;) :D

or just the fans that think that Michael Jordan made it to the NBA Finals before Dream.

10. DaDakota

It may be closer to 99%...really.

:D

The obvious notable wrong was Dan Langhi - I thought he could play in the league, but just never made it above bubble player.

A lot of it is just opinion, people consider one person right, because they believe the same way.

Take VSpan for instance, some people (myself included) think he could have been a decent NBA player, gonna have to wait to see if he comes back to the league to determine that...anyone making a judgement on a guys rookie year under a tough as nails coach is simply not using their noggin. Good thing we didn't give up on Brooks after his rough rookie year.

DD

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I liked V-Span's potential to be a good NBA player. I just thought he reacted poorly to limited playing time and he didn't show the coaches or his teammates the proper respect with his pouting on the bench. If the Rockets couldn't pull off the Scola trade, I would have liked to see him return under Adelman.

Look at Von Wafer this year. His play has warranted more playing time than what Spanoulis did, but he's always cheering for his teammates on the bench even when he's not getting minutes. That's the right attitude.

12. DaDakota

I totally agree. Sometimes a coach and player just don't work out, I am sure if the Scola situation did not work out, Morey would have forced him back, the team had him under contract for one more year plus a team option for the 2nd...

Adelman would have loved the guy, he fits that system perfectly.

DD

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Ok unless I'm missing something here, this "for the fans" wiki site is now a private site that you can only access by invitation.

Great move.

14. Hayesfan

You can get to the forum to post, but they locked the pages so you have to gain permission to add

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

that thread by "heypartner" was just too much for the site to handle.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Hmm, well how do you get there cause any link I follow in this thread directs to the front page that now says it's a private site.

In any case I just it's funny that it's "for the fans, by the fans" but now they're restricting access. Perhaps they should have thought a little more about the concept before launching, no?

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i don't think they were ready to launch, as per Clutch's first post.

but the hounds were released and now there's a war.

A WAR OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. THE FUTURE OF THE HOUSTON ROCKETS COMES DOWN TO A BATTLE OF UBERWEB DOMINATION

18. Hayesfan

hmmm you are right.... maybe try creating a wetpaint log in and then view the site?

If not I'll send ya an invitation.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hmm... they took the "You must fockass" quote out of the Hakeem Olajuwon Hall of Fame Tribute page. :(

At least they left "Onbitabull"! :)

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Send me an invitation. My moniker at gmail dot com.