1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets releasing new "fan" site

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You know, I thought about it a little more, DD, and I realize something. It's our RIGHT as fans to complain. Without us, there would be no team.

If they are doing something idiotic, we should tell them and if that means being a little condescending in the process, so be it. It isn't like the reverse hasn't been true in the past.

Oh, and the Rockets could COMPLETELY turn this in their favor if they laughed it off. If they posted on the Wiki and even on ClutchFans, "That's hilarious, guys! We love the involvement and that kind of creative humor is awesome! We know ClutchFans is king. We just want to give fans options because you guys are the best fans anywhere, so keep up the great work!"

They do that, they become heroes. I doubt they will, but they would be really, REALLY smart if they did.

Hell, an openly funny letter from the Rockets team president or Les himself poking fun at themselves and at fans would be legendary, but I give slim odds of anything like that ever happening.

2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haven't we seen this before?

what's old is new again... another attempt by the powers that be to diminish this site (conspiracy perhaps).

this place has been here for a long time, and will continue to be. long live CF.net

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

my name is RPD_Stalker

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The unlearned lesson from Nixon. Just ask Clinton.

AndAndAnd the web should be a golden place (for Rox) to rule. But, it's not a tool - they are the tools.

:p ;) :D

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

6. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you have more of an in than any of us.

and by in, i mean restraining order.

and, by restraining order, i mean you should probably stay away from them all.... no more pregame pics... unless i'm in them :eek:

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

:)

Thanks.

(The PS was dead serious) :D

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clutchfans will always be better than any Wiki run Rockets site or for that matter the official Houston Rockets site. Clutchfans needs to get better as well despite it's excellence. It's up to the fans to make it better.
    I would like to say thank you to Clutch and the rest of the Clutch Crew.

Don't take this great site for granted and continue to contribute positively to it.

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

U took dave2000's name...... :D

10. Landlord Landry

my user name is BrooksBall! :D

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

good thing i was able to keep my name

12. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

I'll take Clutchfans for Rockets stuff ANY DAY over any other site.

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

That site will wither and die like so many other pretenders that have come before. Though they'll probably have banned me long before then. :)

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just saw this, thought it dovetailed smoother than a TMac drive down the lane:

Required reading

• Blog Maverick: Interesting (or insane) idea from Mavericks owner Mark Cuban for the NBA to underwrite the cost of additional newspaper beat reporters for each team -- while not asking for editorial control.

15. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

GOOD!! Now we can finally drop the CLUTCHFANS charade and move on to a REAL site! :D

16. mbiker

mbiker Member

I don’t understand what you’re so angry about. The NBA is a business. The goal of a business is to make money. There are a lot of things that are mentioned on the various internet forums that can have a small affect on their business. What company wouldn’t want to control that type of information? If your band started to make it big, and there was a fan site website that started trashing your group, you would probably start your own site too. They are just protecting their assets. What’s wrong with being in control of your on business?

With that said, we all know the Wiki fan site is going to die a slow painful death.

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mixing him up with Ralph obviously.

19. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Hakeem's height is whatever we want it to be.

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

ok, who's working the YoYao gimmick over there? :D