1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reclamation projects

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Garcia has always been a solid rotation player off the bench. That's how he was his whole career, and that's how he was in his limited time as a Rocket. I don't see why it is going to be different in the near future.

The same can be said of Ronnie Brewer.

Brewer is a better defender but sucks at shooting. Garcia can help spreading the floor but is not as solid as Brewer on defense.

2. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

Wow. I'm rooting for Casspi but some of the comments here are suprising. Comparing him to Parsons and Korver is setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I just hope that he can revert to his rookie form, and remember that he was succesful by playing his heart out every second he was on the floor. Running, diving, scrambling etc. He seems to be a step slow since he had a knee injury after his second season, and I wonder whether he has completely healed.

On top of that, Casspi seems to lack mental strength, and appears to lose confidence if things don't go well for a stretch. It seems that the Houston organization realizes that he is a guy who needs the carrot and can't handle the stick, anmd also he needs a well defined role in which he can play to his strengths.

Garcia is supposed to be solid vet, but he has at least two brainfarts a game, which can drive you crazy. Still a useful player, in my view, since he gives you a bit of everything (scoring, passing, D, rebounds).

Brewer is a good defender, but if he can't roam to make cuts to the baskets and get the ball from a good distributor, he's pretty useless offensively. I can't see him beat out Garcia.

Reggie Williams will provide lots of offense, for both the Rockets and the opposing teams. I guess he thinks that the best defense is offense...

3. noone

noone Rookie

Casspi's problem is that he drinks his own bathwater.