1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets recall Terence Jones from D-League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 3, 2012.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Sorry I know your not trying to pick on me but to clarify things I'm not one of those people who demand young players/rookies to play. I believe they should earn it in practice and the d-league.

Imo I just think he should of been down there longer see how he responds after 5-10 games without fresh legs. Im Sure though this won't be his last time down in Rio Grande

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They clearly want him to dunk on Jodie Meeks again.

3. JK1

JK1 Member

I thought TJones played well, and was really aggressive @Lakers.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He looked so bad in those 2 OKC minutes I watched him. Love his potential though. I'm sure the team has its reasons.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Is Sampson the one making the calls with regards to who gets sent and recalled from D-League?

6. Grigori

Grigori Member

Rockets: "Hayward's elbow-to-Asik's-face play convinced us to recall TJ for some toughness. Hint: Stop playing like girls, Greg/Onotas/2Pat."

7. conquistador#11

stop playing with their hearts, more-e!

only 17 rebounds per game? pshhh

8. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

http://www.webcitation.org/63t6H7BDq

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There is a break in the schedule were they are going to get significant PRACTICE (yes, PRACTICE) time together as a unit. This PRACTICE time will be very important for the rookies to get as the season goes on. Thats why you see Jones, D-Mo, Machado, etc. going back and forth as you will continue to see throughout the season. First comes PRACTICE, second comes putting what they learn on the court.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They probably feel our young guys get more out of being with the big league club even if they don't play.

Doesn't look like much of a challenge, which is a good sign.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Another light shed on the topic. Thanks, hooroo.

12. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Hack a Dwight. They need more bodies. Dmo might get hurt. So they called up TJ ;)

13. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Harden is next............:p

14. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Recalling TJones for a Lakers try-out on Tuesday :(

15. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Ahhh. Good point. I hope not.

16. dobro1229

Its about being with the team in practice. That's why the rooks are with the team during this stretch even though its unlikely they will see PT in any of the next 4 games.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good point!

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

How the hell can a guy with an avg of 22.5 points and 17.5 rebounds in 2 games look "so bad" :confused:

edit: ooops thought you meant the 2 d league games ...still confused how someone can complain about TWO minutes ... :rolleyes:

19. jjc1

jjc1 Member

Just in time for the lakers game so he can make another nasty dunk at Jodie Meeks!

20. dobro1229

I watched the games as well as the games previously that D-Mo played in.

From what I saw, both players looked like the best player on the court most of the time besides maybe Jeff Adrien. Its just that D-Mo seemed to play a little bit more under control, and not try to force the issue when he finally got a pass thrown his way. His experience playing overseas might have helped him prepare more for a game like this.

With Jones got the ball you could tell he was assuming that might be the last time he gets a pass his way and he was going to get the most out of it. Can't say I blame him. That's not how I would expect him to play in an NBA game.

D-League games are tough to watch, as they can probably be frustrating to play in. Lots of turnovers, bad passing, ill advised shots, and one on five plays for a guy who will never sniff an NBA court.

Still it's good experience, and really great for their conditioning. Playing 40 minutes in a D-League game must be a pretty good workout with so many turnovers leading to fast breaks with missed layups leading to move fast breaks.

Both players had good moments though that showed their NBA level talent.