1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Recall Scott Machado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Since you were technically first, I will give you rep for this. :p

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Can't be traded til 15th of December.

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

My pants will explode if he gets legitimate PT

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Hope your diaper catches most of it.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Too soon. Still it will be good for him to have practice time with the team.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Delfino probably out a little longer. Recalling Machado probably means Douglas spends more time as backup 2-guard.Machado would backup the 1

7. Gerbdog

Gerbdog Member

I don't post much but I keep up to date via CF's as often as I can. However, I've been out of touch the last couple of weeks. Can anyone fill me in on the latest with Royce White. Last I heard is he went to D-League and did a disappearing act. Is he playing with the Vipers yet? How is he doing?

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I am optimistic about D-Mo playing. I don't know about the rest of you but the thought of Machado playing scares the crap out of me.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

He has lost his marbles. Missing in action. Tweeting ugly things about the Rockets. He is now Morey's problem.

10. thekad

thekad Member

Lin better watch out.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

How much worse of a pg can he be than Toney Uglas?

1 person likes this.
  12. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Morey is going to pull another one from his @$$.

Love to Rockets, baby!!!

JK.

13. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I think Machado is there just for practice + blowouts. Cook actually had a decent game against the Knicks and will probably will that "we need a 3-pointer Delfino" role until Delfino is healthy again. With Douglas backup 1, with occassional minutes at the 2 next to Lin even.

Calling up D-Mo and Machado is also smart by Morey in general to let these guys know they are in the mix with the Rockets and provides some encouragement while playing in the D-League knowing that at any moment, you can get the call up. I think it acts as a motivator and D-Mo pretty much acknowledges that by saying he appreciated the playing time to maintain a rhythm and keep up his confidence.

I'm guessing Machado will likely be sent back down once Delfino and Aldrich come back.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

i've been a big Douglas critic but in fairness, he's strung together a few good games in the past week. His played good Defense (not great but good) and his 3-point shot has actually been falling somewhat and he's a good free-throw shooter. Lets give them man props and encourage his development!

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

VIPER INNITIATION COMPLETE.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I knew it. Machado is broken and needs to be recalled.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Machado has the best court vision then anyone on the roster. He reads the game really well. He ant sahoot well, but the guy is a pure playmaker.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He also mentioned that Douglas and Terrence Williams have come down with the same flu bug that Harden had in Utah.

Well, at least now we know which players have been building relationships with each other, as Parsons would say.

19. just a word

just a word Member

This, plus that they had 2 guys sick (see Sampson's post-workout interview) so that they couldn't play 5 on 5.

And considering that they were talking about going from OKC to Minneapolis to go see McHale's family, they might've wanted everybody there for that.

...plus or minus White.

20. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

lol...thats a good one !

SERIOUSLY?