1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets recall Marcus Morris from the D-League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BossHogg713, Feb 20, 2012.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is great news for the Vipers!

1 person likes this.
  2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

All of this gushing enthusiasm for a mid-round rookie (barely lottery) reminds me of the arrival of Terrance Wiliams -- and probably will come with the same result.

3. Prince

Prince Member

he surely is active in the trading block. :)

bye Marcus.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Time to prove me right mookie!

U wonder if this means we are close to a trade...?

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Doubtful. Terrence was sort of taken as a "flyer". Morris was Morey's pick. Someone that they had high interest and had him rated higher on their draft board. McHale himself had say so in who they drafted so they obviously have as much interest as us fans in how he will do, but keep in mind they had Patterson's progression last year as the road they chose to follow for Morris. Meaning, they didnt think he would even play until after the trade deadline to begin with. Morris is in their plans, maybe not so much this season, but going into the near future.

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I*

Fixed

7. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

lol... right, I hear you.

In addition to your reasons... all good ones.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's due to a pending trade is what I meant. (or that he'll see the court immediately or anytime soon).

Don't think he will 'til after the trade deadline.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yep, the Vipers have started 18 different players in 36 games. More turnover...just what they need. Granted, the Vipers primary goal is to win again instead of develop Morris...so it may actually help them in the long run.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

This also puts pressure on Bud to be more consistant.

10. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

So is someone going down there? Who's spot is he taking?

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

morris is gonna be taking some minutes

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Morris counted against the roster even though he was with the RGV. It has not been announced whether he will be active or not.

Hill is out. Thabeet is sore. They may inactivate Flynn or TWill.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

We don't have too many guys who can "go down there".

They'll just have to "deactivate" someone (if required). Hill is "inactive" at the moment, most likely joining him are Thabeet and Twill.

14. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

The only 'spot' he would need to take is one in the rotation. When he went down to the RGV, he was still taking up his own spot on the Rocket's roster. Nothing has changed as far as his 'spot' on the roster goes by coming back to the team and no one needs to go down to RGV nor does anyone need to be waived from the team to bring him back to the Rockets.

If he plays, he'll take up minutes. But I don't think that this move was to get him playing time right away. I think they want him in practice to get him ready once playing time frees up in March, but that's only my opinion of the situation.

I guess we'll see if he's going to take minutes away from someone right away tonight or Wednesday, eh?

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

IMO Morris will not be sent back down. I was expecting him to get called up soon because he defense looks like it's where it needs to be and he was attacking the basket like a 3. He would gain almost nothing from the D-League if he stayed down there longer. Now it will be just a matter of him taking someone's minutes. Chase certainly looks to be the odd man out, but time will tell if Marcus can give us more than Chase does. I would also expect to see Parsons and Morris on the floor at the same time depending on the matchups.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think this also.

But if he's sitting on the bench he better be ready. Mchale could throw him in out of frustration of someone else.

17. conquistador#11

Trade coming? whoa, there mfers! Isn't this usually the time they are brought back up to the rockets ? And Coach Mchale, after telling us what he was going to do before he went to bed, was talking about not wanting to play Scola for so many minutes but had to.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So we can't send Thabeet down to the DLeague? That is where he should have been for the last 3 years...

19. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

and . . .

perhaps the 4 pts and 5 boards avg in February - a little threat of some "O" from the 5 would do wonders for Scola

20. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

to be honest... what has he done to deserve to come back..
    - i am only saying this because they wanted to see if he can defend the three and from what i saw he did not improve
    - it seems to me as though he just stayed in shape and got shots up (not the best selection either)