1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets recall Ish Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 23, 2011.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Brooks being traded would make the most sense...

1) He's not very good.
    2) Lowry might have taken the starting PG spot for good in Adelman's mind.
    3) AB is going to want a nice contract in the offseason so we could get some value now.

2. jrett121

jrett121 Member

couldnt agree more. this just makes me excited that SOMETHING is in the works. i hope. please.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

:confused:

4. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

How do you lead the ENTIRE NBA in 3pter's made for the season (while shooting 40%) last year if he's not very good?!?

5. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

This is damned peculiar.**

It's too soon after sending him down, and barring a trade or injury, we have every reason to send him back down again next week or next month.

Still, I hate to jump on the "Must be a trade" bandwagon, because that particular alarm goes off about twice a day here.

But while we're on that, I'd rather trade AB than Lowry, because I want MORE DEFENSE! I'm for trading anybody, as long as we get value. And yes, AB has a lot more value than KL.

** ST2: TWOK

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I just want Ishmael Smith to get minutes. He's the smartest PG we have. While Lowry is good i'm not sure what goes on in his mind at times.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Vipers have 4 days off. Next game is Friday.

I assume that's why.

Edit: Make that 5 days off.

#67 durvasa, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

No such thing as logical thinking around here. :p A trade MUST be happening :rolleyes: :p

9. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

He's having a terrible season, but to say Aaron Brooks isn't good is very off base

10. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Damn y'all take what I say too literal. He hasn't been play very well lately (most of the year), and I'm not really seeing him put a lot of effort into the games these days, especially on defense. He's probably mad because he's not starting or something. He needs to either adjust or get out.

Sure, he had that injury earlier in the year, but I saw him take over the Boston game post-injury so I know he can be successful. Something just isn't there right now.

11. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

Well, considering AB traveled with the team and is at the hotel right now, I'd highly doubt that he's been traded...

...well, not yet anyway. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Wow a Doc Rocket sighting.....you've got to give us more than that :grin:

13. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

14. mazinger

mazinger Member

Good players don't have terrible seasons. Martin even after coming back from injuries has always kept his 20+ PPG average. Also, you don't see Martin with consecutive bad games. Even in his worst games, he finds a way to score. Aaron is/was over achieving just like Landry was. You send him to another team, he'll stink it up. You send good players to other teams, they'll keep playing well.

FACT: Brooks is not that good and even a worse PG.
    FACT: Although not a superstar, Martin is very good. This whole DD saying of Martin being fool's gold is just being stupid. 20+ PPG scorers are not easy to come by and expensive to get. We're lucky it only cost us 2 bench players.

15. rocketshopeful

here we go again...

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Martin had a pretty bad season with the Kings. They decided to cut bait in the middle of the season. There was talk that he didn't mesh well with Tyreke.

17. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Honestly though I think Tyreke Evans and Brooks play very similar, I just don't think these shoot first point guards are good for Kevin Martin's game. I would love to see Kevin Martin paired up with someone like CP3 or Nash and see him really shine.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's best to say he's not consistent.

19. monster

monster Member

I would be disappointed if we couldn't get more than Landry for AB. I agree that a PG who can distribute well may be the best fit for this team.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't over do it Clutchfans.

Aaron Brooks is a stud. Fortunes will change faster than you can say dingleberry.