1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reach agreement to sign Austin Rivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Even if they didn't do a damn thing, he would be taking HOME at least $30m at the end of the year. Remember that.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I did not follow this at all; your comment is too vague. Treat me like a kid who hasn’t read any of your previous trade speculation posts.

He will what? And trade whom?

I’m suggesting two things...pick(s) with Knight/Chriss Trade, then also commenting on Bima and Nahmad’s tweets about Cash Considerations for MCW/Melo, that could burn the ability to buy picks

What part of those are you talking about.

3. Nook

Nook Member

First, I haven't heard anything about the Rockets in a week and don't expect to hear much on them until after the holidays so you know as much or more than I do.

What I do know is that the Rockets, as of a few weeks ago, have shown a willingness to take on a contract that is longer in a deal for either Chriss or Knight, if it is a player that they really like. This includes the Rockets moving their own draft picks if they have to.

Taking on a contract longer than Chriss' or longer than Knight's, means the Rockets are going to be potentially taking on additional taxes and costs that (as you know) can sky rocket.

So, with that in mind, I would not be surprised to see the Rockets "sell" Anthony or MCW and dip into their exception to make it happen. It sounds petty and fans will not like it, but IF the Rockets deal Chriss' contract for one guaranteed next year or Knight's for one on a longer guarantee, that savings can make a big difference.

Does that clear it up? Sorry I am highly caffeinated.

heypartner likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am all about the net gain. I don't care how assets are shifted (Melo/MCW/Cash) as long as the "net gain in" is a positive asset(s), potentially a player/asset with another year and the LT burden on that.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's both. There was a risk on locker room stuff, which was not really a problem, apparently. But the media circus around that time did bring at least some distraction and I am sure cost us a few games we could have won.

The other risk that few people anticipated until now is the tax money. It's Tilman's money so we don't really care. But he could force Morey to rid of some assets just to save a few millions, which he might not be inclined to do had we not spent the money on Melo. Not to mention the money that could have been used on buying picks.

6. xaos

xaos Member

Thanks a ton for this!

heypartner likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jarnell No Cotton Mouth Stokes.