1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Re-Sign Francisco Garcia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forchette49, Aug 22, 2014.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Let it be known that back in 2011 I believe, Morey cut over 7 million dollars in guaranteed salary during training camp.

Just because Garcia was signed to a guaranteed deal doesn't mean that he's guaranteed anything.

However bringing him into camp on guaranteed vet $ is the right thing to do, and other than Les' pocket change, it really does no damage to their cap flexibility.

-Gee, Hopson, Covington, I. Smith, Garcia, Powell, Adrien.....

Will have to battle it out for the final 3 roster spots as the roster currently stands. Anyone who comes out and says any of these players are a lock is simply guessing and wagering their bets in order to seem smart.

There is really no reason for anyone to have much of an opinion on this signing. If he's going to contribute he'll make the team. If not, he wont, and someone like Covington/Gee/Hopson will instead. However that's going to be decided in training camp and the preseason.... NOT ON CLUTCHFANS.

#61 dobro1229, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  2. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Fair point but I think it's worth making an educated guess.

I'd say Garcia, Adrien, Ish Smith.

Garcia: Look, maybe the contract is purely a thank you for opting out. MAkes sense. But knowing Mchale and his preference for vets, if Garcia shows even the slightest POSSIBILITY of being healthy and productive he's a lock for third string backup SG/SF.

Adrien: We have a lot of potentials for backup PF. But Adrien is the only one who guarantees you toughness /hustle/ rebounding. I hope DMo beats him out for mins and Papa can be a useful stretch 4 but taking last year's uncertainty at the backup 4 spot, I'd bet the coaching staff keeps Adrien.

Ish Smith: He's made a career out of being a surprisingly decent third string PG. And with Beverley's health being a possible worry, I don't see how they cut Ish Smith.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need to relax. Gee, Hopson and Powell are only on the roster for trade purposes. Garcia has a role, but he is expendable too.

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TQLzG7AI5tQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> looks like he can shoot just fine in this video.

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gHFxGtDZUxw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qdi6BQ7kvvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/moqIYGSMbZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EscgBqpJ7tA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Get over it, that guy was **** and cannot hold Garcia's jockstrap!

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Clutchfan said that Thomas Robinson couldn't play ball either, yet right now he's better than D-Mo lmao.

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Clutchfans said that Thomas Robinson couldn't play ball either, yet he's currently better than D-Mo.

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Haha is he now?

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Lol Rockets fans completley forgot about that Summer League game where Thomas Robinson absolutely destroyed D-Mo. T-Rob looked like Lamarcus Aldridge on crack in that game against D-Mo. I know it's just Summer League, but T-Rob still beasted on Donatas regardless.

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

And while I'm on the subject of sorry basketball player vs sorry basketball player, Jeremy Pargo is also a much better player than Ish Smith, and Fransico Garcia is just a black and hispanic version of Craig Ehlo that plays small forward.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x0VMjIcG7So" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

oh my god, their announcers are even worse than Clyde....

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

everyone beats on d-mo, his defense is atrocious. d-mo is a more polished offensive player than t-rob

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol keep trying to change the subject, Honeycutt isn't an NBA level player. You've already embarrassed yourself enough.

15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Robinson was awful with us, and he's still awful

16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

NBADL Highlights.. Can we go sign T-Will back instead?

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like Garcia. Glad to see him back.

18. dmoneybangbang

Great signing. Adds veteran presence and apparently has been a great leader on the Rockets bench and team overall. It is also adds a back up plan in case Kostas totally can't cut it.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

one match up doesn't make a career

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not true. He can totally hold Garcia's jockstrap.