1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign Corey Brewer to 3-year, $24M deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2015.

1. chandlerbang21

Smith couldnt get paid but Brewer got an extension LOL

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Should have signed someone that can shoot the ball instead of him, love his hustle but 8 million for Ryan Bowen the 2nd? Ugh.

DD

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I don't think you read my post. I made the point that 3 & D players are getting crazy expensive contracts now, so we can't afford to fill our roster with them. When you reply to a post......try to read it...........

4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Guys, it's the second game of the season.

EVERY team has dud stints.

We are getting ours out early :)

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Brewer has been looking like a circus clown out there on both ends of the court for the most part. He's not that good that he should have a cemented spot in the rotation. If he's not giving the team much, someone else needs to get some playing time.

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

i hope next season we dump brew and pay for courtney lee. Pay close attention to the grizzlies because if this season is a dud then lee might bounce. -

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I like Brew but when he's struggling I would really like to see KJ get some of his minutes for defensive purposes and rebounding

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Lee would be awesome

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I love Corey but he has really been getting his drunk gazelle on. Just a mess, no awareness or focus whatsoever.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Always remember that Corey is a role player. If he was consistently awesome he'd be more than what he is.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Mchale is going to give these guys he's been playing every chance imaginable.

He's not the type of coach to pull a guy like Brewer or Tj when they're struggling and put someone into the rotation that isn't a part of it already.

I wish that he would be more open minded with his rotation on any given night but he's proven that just isn't his thing.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Corey shouldnt be this bad ever. It's fine to have off nights, miss some shots....whatever...

But he shouldn't have this long of a stretch where he's been a detriment.

13. dje243

dje243 Member

Corey thrives with space and on the break. When our shots don't fall teams just pack the paint and the space goes away. Can't get out on the break when you never get a stop.

14. jae713

jae713 Member

2 games? WTF??

15. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

come on really? Ryan Bowen? you can do better DD

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't expect consistently awesome, or even awesome. I do expect more than just throwing the ball in the general direction of the basket with no regard for what's happening around him. Everybody looks fairly undisciplined right now though, so I hope it's just a temporary symptom of that.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yes, 2 games. Wtf????

What don't you understand.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

It's up to a coach to push his players and take them out when they stink. Not having Thorton to give Brewer some competition is just mind-boggling right now.

19. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Excuse him please. He doesn't know much basketball.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wasn't really replying to your post. Many people do take him as a 3 & D player we need, a lesser one behind Ariza.

Last season he hit some clutch shots and people were excited. I warned them that he had never been a 3pt threat his whole career. I didn't think he would suddenly turn into one.