1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign Corey Brewer to 3-year, $24M deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2015.

1. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

You're right.

2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Brewer is neither a 3 or a D player. The "Warriors model" involves a lot of versatile players with playmaking skills. Brewer isn't that either. He's definitely more of an old-school energy guy. I'm not sure he has a lot of value in the new NBA.

3. Garner

Garner Member

You watch much basketball?

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

This is another good deal for the rockets at this price. Morey is likely going to try to make a trade to get Lowry by Feb. to solve the problem at PG.

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Wow Corey brewer likes the gif. Great job to whoever made it.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's right though. Brewer is not an bone average 3 pt shooter or defender. He's a fast break threat, a passing lane stealer. He isn't versitle on defense at all.

7. GMNot

GMNot Member

To keep some perspective... or from another perspective...

ALL NBA players are overpaid compared to the rest of us, some of whom actually save lives as part of their job. Salaries have been so for a long, long time in professional sports. A LOT of salaries in the business world are overblown in that context.

Morey has certainly made some mistakes but overall, you can't argue with last year's results, considering the number of injuries and missed games by key players. If Brewer and he (and by implication, Alexander) are happy with this deal, our opinions are just water cooler talk. Well, actually, they would be anyway. :)

As far as trading Ariza or Brewer, I doubt it. The Rockets aren't so far from competing at the top again. A little better health, some help at guard, and another year to build on the chemistry from last season. The real eyesore for this squad is still big men FT% and TO's. Hopefully, some of that can be improved upon.

I'm happy to welcome Brewer back.

8. RAY_GORDON_REID

TRANSMISSION

RGR BATON ROUGE LA 70EIGHT08

MESSAGE: BREWER (.516) TRUE SHOETING PERCENT WITH ROCKETS (ESPN HOLLINGER, JOHNATHAN) HIGHER THAN (.510) ELLIS, MONTA. 24M VS 44M GOOD VALUE

9. basketballholic

These are great. Keep 'em coming.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm ok with the deal (below market value signing) however to be honest I'm surprised we're bringing him back. Yes he was a good bench piece but in the playoffs all of his weaknesses got exposed and with Dekker, Kpap and KJ still on the squad do we really need him back? All of these are athletic guys who have trouble scoring in ISO just like Brewer so tbh I'm really surprised we brought him back :confused:

If we retained Brew and lost KJ in FA it'd be a real bummer IMHO :(

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">S/o to the fans. <a href="http://t.co/2z1avJyWLA">pic.twitter.com/2z1avJyWLA</a></p>&mdash; Corey Brewer (@TheCoreyBrewer) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheCoreyBrewer/status/618529866544054272">July 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There's nothing not to love about this guy....

We're lucky to have him.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed. If you are trying to win a championship, you want Brew-type players in your rotation.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man Brew seems like a cool as dude

15. spark06

spark06 Member

Lol at Brewer being a 3 and D player. Absolutely atrocious from deep last year! Very inconsistent shooter. He's good in other areas, but shooting has always been his weakness.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Brewer is a champion. He has won it all at every level. He loves playing for the Rockets and we are lucky to have him.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Fixed for ya :p

Sadly the guy is a sub 30% 3 point shooter who has an itchy trigger finger.
    Great hustle guy though

18. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Brewer's alright with just coming off the bench, so hell yes it's nice to have a bench guy with guts like him around, for a little while longer.

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Brewer was suprisingly good from the three point line last year. I was more surprised that The Jet wasnt shooting as well as he should.

Look, I love guys like Brewer and Ariza, they play with heart and are mostly undervalued. Glad they are on our team

20. spark06

spark06 Member

Brewer is a good fit and I do not doubt his ability to contribute to this team in every aspect besides 3 pt shooting.