1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Re-Brand: Ketchup & Mustard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, May 14, 2012.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think if you got rid of the rocket, change the font to something more classic, and rotated the thing to make it more readable you'd have a pretty solid logo.

I like the simplicity of the uniforms.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't usually respond to these hypothetical uniform threads, but that's great work. Unis look great, the home court looks AWESOME.

For the logo, center Houston on the top and Rockets on the bottom and have the actual rocket going up instead of sideways (jokes not withstanding) and I'd be down with everything.

Assuming we couldn't just go back to the championship unis, that is....

Repped for the good work.

3. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I like them! Maybe have an alternate that's blk/red/yellow....it would look mean.

4. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

reminds me of iron man

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Dream2franchise, you really need to have more confidence with this stuff. Some people will always dislike your work, but you've pretty much received an 85% approval rating around here. I dont want to sound like a jerk, but the work is very good, stop acting like you're presenting elementary work. Embrace the fact that it's good and keep working at it.

For everyone else, telling him to send it to the FO office won't do jack. They can just shove it aside, act like it never happened, and no one will remember about this. The last time Dream2Franchise posted his work, many droooled over it and then only 17 or so people "liked" it on FB. I believe it's still under 50 likes right now. If you want it to happen, make a BIG DEAL about it, so that the team has to address it. I know people are busy, but at least like the freakin' page!!

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectThirtyFour

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I love the uniforms, but I would just go back to the classic championship logo along with these unis. This logo with the Rocket is not really working IMO, better just with the yellow basketball and black rockets text.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm for anything that brings back red n' yella.

Even our alternate unis would be a step forward.

Although I had the stupid R logo we have.

The thing I love about the championship unis is the font.

Please bring that back.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Would the OP mind doing a version using a darker red and a darker gold?

10. Classic

Classic Member

New championship inspired unis you say? Do it. Do it. Do it.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lmUZGdi7Ty4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I love the uni's and logo. I agree with the comments with regards to the direction of the rocket, though... otherwise think it's great.

I, too would love to see what your alternate's would look like with this scheme.

EDIT: maybe you already posted this, but your blog is great, too. I like how you go through the various designs you were thinking about.

http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/2012/05/14/p34-rebrand-houston-rockets/

Honestly, I like most of them. Surprising, the one with simply the R in the middle might be my favorite.

[​IMG]

#31 JayZ750, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  12. dsid411

dsid411 Member

These are awesome.

13. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

this is pointless guys. LES ALEXANDER OPENLY HATED THE YELLOW AND RED COMBINATION. even at one point, he stated "those don't look like a professional team colors" and highly favored with the navy blue colors till yao came along.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Great effort.

But for me, I am NOT a fan of the Ketchup and Mustard. (and it means ZERO to me that we happened to win a championship in those unis.)

Our current Red/White/Grey scheme right now I think looks great. Would love Black 3rd unis

15. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Just awesome work. Do you have a way of connecting these with the Rockets Front office?

16. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

And sadly, his two attempts couldn't look any less professional and like an NBA teams.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ugggghhhh....

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's my feeling when I see garish ketchup and mustard unis.

19. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

i like it a lot. has modern look yet still classic.

20. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

and its not like its an overpowering yellow. its just a light trim. which works. i love it and i want it done.......mmmmmm..now.