1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS: Q&A With Daryl Morey: Rockets' GM Talks Shop

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by reupdadj1, Dec 18, 2009.

1. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Seconded! Let me quote it again for you guys:

This is what I was talking about in that other thread, that real life trades are not as simple as fantasy basketball- just look at the stats and get the best guy-trades.

2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

People aren't complaining about Ariza taking too many threes. They're complaining about him missing too many threes (and twos and ones for that matter). If you told Morey 6 months ago that you thought Ariza would shoot:

38% from the field
    33% from three
    69% from the line
    .471 TS%

I refuse to believe Morey would say he'd be "thrilled" with that. He'd probably say something like "No, he's a very efficient player, much more efficient than Artest or Wafer, there's no way he'll shoot that poorly."

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Thanks. So going by that, would you assume he isn't looking at APM when saying Ariza is better than last year or looking at something similar but more advanced?

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think he's looking at something similar though likely more advanced, amongst other metrics.