1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pursuing Jackson...AGAIN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by huby_n1, Apr 30, 2002.

1. drc3906

drc3906 Member

You know NJ Rocket. I am a psychology major and I have done some research in my Psyc 346 emailand message board communication. My findings (from other psychologist) were that males use more grammatically incorrect communication when typing emails or on message board, while females concentrate on grammatical correctness and capitalization. Yes, I make grammatical errors because I am a guy, but if you are so grammatically aware in your "one-to-many" (message board) or "one-to-one" (email)communication then what are you? Don't diss my grammar or my spelling buddy (I am a horrible speller) ;) .

2. drc3906

drc3906 Member

I was just joking by the way, NJ Rocket! Dont take it personal.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Geez. Temper, temper. It seems like people are actively seeking out fights around here lately. First off, I don't consider myself the "Ralph Nader of Newbies," but lay off the new guy. He asked a question and wanted an answer. Instead, he got flamed. Play nice. On the flip side of that: drc3906, understand that some people around here, for whatever reason, loathe the Rocket Guy. I'm not entirely sure why, but this hatred seems like the same pure animosity I hold for Bose speakers. Some things are just left unexplained. Accept their reasons at face value and don't press the subject. People will get snippy in a hurry if you question them, and you'll just end up getting yourself flamed (or banned?) while derailing this thread.

Now, as for Marc Jackson, the intended subject of this thread... I would only consider trading for him if Minnesota is willing to take on one of our albatross contracts, like Rice. However, I don't see that happening at all. In fact, I don't see why the T-Pups would even consider trading with us. First off, decent big men are scarce in this league. Second, we're a divisional rival (yes, I know about the Denver/Dallas trade, but we've already established that Denver management is loco). Third, I don't envision them taking Rice. Fourth, I don't see what bait (vets, mind you) we have that they'd want anyway (especially if a bidding war over Jackson occurs, which although very unlikely, could happen). Fifth, isn't it true that we can't trade for Jackson until October anyway? I imagine that if the Pups want to trade Jackson, they'd consider doing it around the draft (since they have no picks). We can't get Jackson until well after the draft. So, any talk of draft picks for Jackson is moot. It would have to be a pure player swap, and going back to what I said before, we don't have any bait they'd want (that we'd be willing to trade).

4. Festeral Otto

Festeral Otto Contributing Member

What's wrong with Bose speakers?:D

5. Band Geek Mobster

Nevermind...:)

#45 Band Geek Mobster, May 1, 2002
    Last edited: May 1, 2002
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

7. cometsluv4play

ROTFLMAO!!! that is sooo wrong, but freakin' halirious LOL!!!

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

quick semi-recap of why the Rocket Guy sucks

Okay, someone correct me if my memory is fuzzy but it goes a little something like:

TRG use to come here and blatently advertise on his posts to come to his site. And then he'd deny it. His posts would be like "Hi, check out my new Rockets site....."

There's nothing wrong with doing that, except for the fact that he did it like 10 times a day and still did it after being told politely by most everyone to stop doing so.

He is a blatent business man that runs a business site that tries to install "gatorware" into your computer as a pop-up when you click on his site. Any traffic = money to him. And so to increase his money, he'd make up stuff. He does it there and he does it here (or use to).

For example, one time I remember people calling BS on him and Clutch was out of town and he responds to the like of "Clutch and his people are on a scouting mission blah blah blah" basically saying that he knows Clutch and has worked with him or whatever.

I know my recount of what happened is pretty bad...but the essential part was that it was total BS and when Clutch came back he was like "TRG, what the hell are you talking about?"

There are many more instances that when you open your eyes enough, you'll realize that as I stated above, TRG is a business sight that wants to make money and he has no credibility whatsoever and his 1st motive is to get hits to make money.

Whereas here, there are never popups, only occasional ads on the frontpage (and some p*rn once in a while), and it is not a money making site.

This is a total fans sight that spreads legit info from fans to fans without any alterior motives. There is a strong base here of people in-the-know, and also tons of people who just happen to hear things by chance.

CC.NET is the #1 rockets site in terms of fan participation, information, quality...just head and shoulders above the rest...and it's not about money.

That is why I like coming here, and that is why I'll never go to TRG's site or give any cred to what is said there.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What are we, still in High School.

YAWN !!!

DaDakota