1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pursuing Jackson...AGAIN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by huby_n1, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Live

Live Member

When will the Rocks ever learn?

QUIT GOING FOR QUICK FIXES!!!

Jackson is a role player, and an expensive one at that. Acquring him is akin to just finding someone to fill the position and hoping he comes through.

There are other cheaper alternatives in finding a C. I'd rather see the Rocks go through the NBDL for a backup C than obtaining another overpaid, limited player.

2. Band Geek Mobster

When someone "gathers" info, they often consider the sources, TRG is not a good source as far as I'm concerned, so gathering his info would do nothing for me.

Funny, I don't see anyone posting Marc Jackson rumors except for the TRG article...

Why are you even bringing up the messageboards?

I simply said that I find bskball.com to be a horrible site with bad rumors, and you're bringing up some sort of rivalry between boards. No, I'm sure the messageboard is nice and all, but the rumors suck ass. Please stop talking about a rivalry as if people on cc.net have some sort of inferiority complex and need to bash some other messageboard so that they'll feel better about themselves.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

We should be so lucky that the pups would take Mo for Jax. Mo is like a bad blow job...he should have stopped sucking a long time ago

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

TRG was right about the Francis trade? That broke on this site via the "mall guy" (Can't remember his moniker!) and thacabbage. I was lurking here at the time (wish I had registered, then I'd have a cool old date!) and TRG had nothing to do with it. He comes here when Clutch is on vacation, or maybe incognito, and uses Clutchcity as a source for many of his "scoops" (those he doesn't dream up, lol!). Does that help?:)

5. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Hey Rocket Guy,

What's wrong, you not getting enough traffic on your site? The only rivalry going on here, is the one you're trying to stir up by repeatedly saying there is one. Personally, I get the majority of my Rocket's info here, from some of the best posters on the web.

This site also allows us to discuss other subjects, like the Texans, Astros, Comets, NBA dish, & a whole variety of topics in the Hangout forum, all on the same site. Also, the admins do a really great job of keeping the site respectful towards others.

But, the piece de resistance of this site, is the insider info that we get, before the rest of the world hears about it. Guys like Oeilpere, Doc Rocket, Clutch, & others quite often share what info they can from the inside of the Rocket's organization. Then we have guys like Heypartner & others that provide insight & analysis of game strategies. Then, if that's not enough, we have stalkers, like Rockhead, that go out & get pictures to back up their stories. :D

The bottom line is, once you've discovered this site, you don't need another one.

#25 Hottoddie, May 1, 2002
    Last edited: May 1, 2002
  6. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Hey Band Geek Mobster

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been coming to this site for years (although I haven't posted much) as well as the RocketGuys and both display the same rumors.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny, I don't see anyone posting Marc Jackson rumors except for the TRG article...

Why are you even bringing up the messageboards?

I simply said that I find bskball.com to be a horrible site with bad rumors, and you're bringing up some sort of rivalry between boards. No, I'm sure the messageboard is nice and all, but the rumors suck ass. Please stop talking about a rivalry as if people on cc.net have some sort of inferiority complex and need to bash some other messageboard so that they'll feel better about themselves
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I probably should of said "same kind of rumors". But that's what I mean, you should gather info from every source. Also, you mentioned an inferiority complex? I said nothing of an inferiority complex. Do you feel inferior and why would you? I also said some people have a rivalry going on with The RocketGuy, and I emphasis the "some". That is just obvious. One more thing, well, actually two. That is your opinion (and you are entitled to your opinion) that you don't find The RocketGuy reliable because like clutchcity, he is not all the time. They both deal in rumors and you can not always rely on rumors. Also, I hope your intentions are not to try to start some kind of drc3906 bashing war because that stuff doesn't really phase me nor make me upset. I don't get fustrated or pissed off when people feel like bashing me for typing my opinion on the message board. I have every right to post here as any of yall do. I know that I am not trying to start some trash talking game with yall, just stating my opinion. Im a Rockets fan too you know.

To get back on topic, I don't think it would be a bad idea (in my opinion) if we trade for Jackson as long as we get rid of Rice and/or Taylor. Not that I have anything against Taylor, but I would like to see Griffin start soon and Taylor is just in the way. Jackson could be a back up Forward and Center. I also believe that with consistent minutes Jackson will be a great fit here and his performance will increase. Just my opinion of course ;) .

7. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Some of yall are hopeless. Yall just like to fight. Well, I can't change yalls ideas or how yall act so I won't try. I will post here when I want and none of yall can stop that. Some of yall are just pure "flamers" and I don't mean in the homosexual text. Nonsense.

8. Hottoddie

Can't say that I've ever had a bad one. It's just that some are better than others. :D

9. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Oh, another thing "Hotdog" or whatever your name is. Im not the "RocketGuy" buddy. My name is the "RocketGuardian" over there.

10. Hottoddie

I guess you don't realize that Clutch owns this site & ultimately, decides who can & can't post hear. Why don't you just stick to discussing the original topic of this thread & quit trying to stir things up?;)

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, then go guard somethin', over there. As far as Jackson goes, I've been disappointed in his play for the T-Wolves.

12. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Im not trying to stir up things and your not Clutch "flame boy". I said I was not trying to start stuff in the beginning. I was just questioning why people hate The RocketGuy so much. I'm not the one trying to make it dirty. If you want to start something, then if you attack me then Ill attack you. However, since this is such a sensitive issue with some then I will drop it so I won't "stir" things up anyfurther. That is if yall don't try to attack me. I didn't want a fight to begin with. By the way "Hottoad" get off my back, will you. Im dropping the subject.

13. drc3906

drc3906 Member

No Deckard. I think I will be "guarding" something over here more often now that you mentioned it.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't worry, we won't touch it.:)

15. NJRocket

Is this NutzLips?

16. drc3906

drc3906 Member

No NJ Rocket, this is not Nugliz? or whatever. Just call me drc3906 on here. I am from east of Houston, the Humble area.

17. NJRocket

You know drc3906, I happen to think the Nuggets are horrible and that a Rice and the #5 for Mcdyess trade makes a lot of sense since he is leaving anyway...thoughts? feelings?

18. drc3906

drc3906 Member

NJ Rockets, The Nugs such big time and if we could trade our #5 and Rice for Antonio, that would be a god send. Then Griffin could start at the 3, back up at the 4 and the 5. Awesome, if Antonio can stay healthy.

19. drc3906

drc3906 Member

I mean sucks big time, not "such" big time. My finger hit the wrong key. I have to go to work now.

20. NJRocket

Nope...its not him...Nutzchin used to make far less grammatical blunders..unless of course this is his way of disguising himself :p