1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pride. Don't want to be here Omer? See ya!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Chris Jent MVP

Houston Rockets players that have demanded trades

Hakeem Olajuwon - superstar player who was unhappy with management

Tracy McGrady - superstar player who couldnt accept his injuries and limitations

Scottie Pippen
    - superstar player who didn't want to play with washed up Charles Barkley

Omer Asik - who the F..K are you? seriously?

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO. What guarantee is it that he is going to win a ring with Houston? The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of players in the NBA end up ringless. Nash a HOFer doesn't even have a ring. That is why the player care more about getting paid and developing skills first and foremost because not everyone becomes a champion.

Why play and risk injury just before the trade? Business 101.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Competitors want to compete. Got a problem with that? And he will be able to snuggle in his old age with a portfolio worth $40 million. I feel sure it will keep him warm at nights.

4. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Lol like I said earlier, if Dwight was pouting about not getting enough touches and demands a trade, you think Parsons would call him out like that just to "keep the team together"?

5. Chris Jent MVP

It is not Omer's decision to play or not, it is the ROCKETS decision. If Omer is making his own decision before the team, then he is putting himself ABOVE his team. What a terrible excuse from AOF. His actions are inexcusable.

6. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

Thank you bmd. Couldn't have said it better myself.

As for the topic of discussion at hand, Asik checked out months ago man. He requested a trade before the TT ever shared a minute on the floor. Did he want this to work? I don't really think so. He made his mind up a long time ago.
    As for the great Asik's "pride" is concerned... Ppl are insinuating that its NOT abt money (ridiculous, but fine, whatever.) Is it abt playing time? i guess so, hes all abt quantity of mins. so his "pride" wont let him sit on the bench, but his pride somehow allows giving half ass effort knowing that if TT would work, it would be an unstoppable force in the league. Im rather happy we are getting rid of him, I DON'T BELIEVE ONE SHOULD AVG LESS POINTS THAN THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS HE MAKES (NEXT YR $15 MIL). GOOD RIDDENS.
    Oh and our new center has had games where hes blocked 5,4,6 shots... Asik, you dont have a game above 4 blks ur whole CAREER!

1 person likes this.
  7. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO. So if you were in Omer's situation you would risk injury just after you had requested to be traded and jeopardize your future? There is a massive difference between being loyal and being stupid.

8. Chris Jent MVP

Right on. If he has "pride" and wants more playing time, then he should WORK and improve his game, just like JLIN did.

Asik prefers to cry and pout, because he knows he cannot improve his game anymore. He has reached his ceiling. No teamwork, only ME ME ME.

AOF are only making excuses and disrespecting the Rockets by agreeing with his selfish ways.

9. Chris Jent MVP

So Omer gets to make decisions for the whole Rockets team and orgainzation? Wow. These AOF are something else.

10. HTM

HTM Member

Jeezzz, I knew guys in Highschool who didn't play much on the team who showed up everyday and worked their a** off. They didn't whine or pout.

You'd think a Grown a** man getting paid millions would be a professional about it. Its a business. Its in the best interest of the Houston Rockets to play you as a back up C. Its not personal. Be a pro and get on with it.

Its sad to see professionalism is lost on so many professional athletes.

1 person likes this.
  11. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

i cant believe how many fans here making lame excuses for what asik did to this team. We have aof now? Not about money or team, but about pride, give me a fking break, what Lin did was about pride, when he didn't get to finish, when he lost his starting job, guess what, he works hard ang GET BETTER! Now thats the definition of pride, what asik did was quitting on the team, stop spinning. What Parsons did as the captain wad telling it ad it is.

1 person likes this.
  12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And how many guesses and presumptions did you make when writing this post? A boat load. Anybody who understands the NBA game gave the Howard/Asik TT lineup a 0% chance of success. And it worked as expected. But the problem was not Asik. It was Howard with 9 years of NBA training at the center position not being able to guard power forwards with range. I recommend that you take a long hard look at your ability to analyze the NBA game before you post again.

13. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

When you say "risk injury" do you mean "meet your contractual obligations by playing"? If he tears up his paychecks then, sure, I'm fine with him not playing for however long the trade takes.

1 person likes this.
  14. Chris Jent MVP

I didn't say anything about TT or Howard. The bottom line is, if Asik had the GAME to warrant more minutes on the floor, then he would be getting those minutes, and the stats to prove it. THATS WHAT JLIN DID instead of crying.

Look at Asik stats per 48 minutes... did he improve his game at all?? JLIN DID. Good players will always work more, not less. ASIK IS SELFISH, and AOF are a disgrace to this forum.

15. Deniz

Deniz Member

Jeremy Lin - plays 30+ minutes per game

Omer Asik - is limited to 15 minutes per game

16. Chris Jent MVP

100% TRUTH :cool:

17. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

This is a business. The team watches out for its interest and players gotta watch out for their own. It is what it is.

18. Chris Jent MVP

Jeremy Lin - RIGHT NOW averaging 30+ mpg, but some times last year only played 15 minutes or less. He worked hard and earned every minute he gets this year!!

Do you even pay attention? You are disrespecting the Rockets, disrespecting JLIN, disrespecting the game of basketball, by making excuses for Omer Asik the crybaby.

AOF are disgusting.

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

All we ask of any athlete is that they don't quit on the team. I loved Asik for his defense and hard work, but if he is going to collapse into the fetal position because he's not starting over the best center in the NBA since Shaq, then I have no time for him.

1 person likes this.
  20. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

So can we stop paying his ass? no one is being stupid but u.