1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pride. Don't want to be here Omer? See ya!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Nov 16, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Some people (like you) need to understand the difference between business and personal. With Asik it is business.

2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I don't blame Omer for wanting a trade. He came here believing he'd be starting and, through no fault of any party, now lost his job to one of the best centers in the league. Happens. Doesn't mean he has to stick around for it.

The real rub is WHO made the trade public? Did Omer quietly ask for it and his agent leaked it? Another source? I mean, we're here slamming a guy when we have very few details. It isn't like you're basing this off of quotes he's saying in interviews: "Oh I want to leave now!"

Reminds me of all the LOHs, who I find dumber than LOFs because LOHs hate on Lin BECAUSE of LOFs lol. Hating on a guy for something he didn't do, but what a third party decides to do instead? Ridiculous...

3. bmd

bmd Member

You are the worst poster. Why does it matter if he made a new thread?

This thread has reached 4 pages, so obviously people want to discuss the topic.

If this thought was posted in another Asik thread, it would get 1 or 2 replies and get buried never to be seen again.

More threads = more conversation.

People don't like to go digging in a 40 page thread about Asik because the conversation changes constantly. People would much rather have a new thread so that they can browse the first page and respond to topics that interest them... instead of having to sift through page after page in a single thread.

4. bmd

bmd Member

And here is my thoughts about Asik:

1. Asik has a right to be upset. He is a basketball player first, a teammate second, and a Houston Rocket third.

2. He signed a contract and he should honor that contract by playing hard regardless of his own feelings. Request your trade, but continue to play hard until you are traded. Be professional.

5. pakattak

pakattak Member

Asik deserves way more than this, but if it is indeed true that he's throwing a mini tantrum, he may be shooting himself in the foot. He needs to play hard to show off his trade potential so he can get moved faster if he wants to start somewhere.

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Of course you are fine with that, as a fan I'm fine with Omer coming off the bench. But as a player, as talented as Omer, will not accept.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Another mountain out of a mole hill. CF members just don't know how to take things reasonably and calmly. Howard and Parsons are saying all the right things. The locker room is strong enough to take a little dissent, but I doubt that is an issue. I personally would be much more worried if Asik had the attitude "I'm OK just sitting just sitting on the bench raking in my $100K per game." I have never seen one moment of quit out of that guy. He is a competitor and will give 100% when called upon. Go take a Xanax all of you doubting Debby's.

8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I'm not so sure I support Parsons' comments here. Some things are better left unsaid. How would Parsons feel if we picked up someone like George and relegated him to 10-15 minutes off the bench? It certainly would not benefit his next contract negotiation. It is easy to say things like this when you are the coach's pet.

9. Play07

Play07 Member

Dwightmare

1 person likes this.
  10. autoprt

autoprt Member

this is a good post. agreed. at this point since we're aware of it i'm sure the team execs are way ahead of us and it's getting dealt with and we'll see some sort of results soon.

11. Chris Jent MVP

Where did all these AOF come from??

Asik is acting like a little b!thc, he deserves to be treated like one. This is worse than T-Mac in Toronto - atleast T-Mac really *WAS* a star player who could act like a diva - who the F..K is this little Omer b!thc to be making demands of the Rockets?

F him, bench him indefinitely, let's see what kind of contract he can negotiate after he misses 72 games.

12. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

Lol @ has to feed his kids. This guy has made and will continue to make millions of dollars for the rest of his career. Who cares what he wants and doesn't want? He signed a contract, so he needs to honor it. Rockets should be able to move him on their own terms, not on his to appease him.

13. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Parsons need to STFU. Now he is the one causing lock room problems and he is not helping Rox! Who he think he is? The minority owner of the Rox?

When an employer indicates to you that you have no future in his company and will be shipped out as soon as the next oppotunity comes, you lose motivation to work hard for that employer. Very nature reaction. NBA is a business. You having a reduced role means you will lose millions of dollars in the future. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else.

However, I don't think what Asik does is smart. He should still work hard, perform on the court and only demand a trade in private. Get his trade value up is good for him because it would be easier to trade him.

Asik should just take a look how Lin handles the situation. I firmly believe McHale and coaching stuffs wanted Bev to be a full time starter and let Jeremy to have a reduced role before season started, because they didn't trust Lin's game. Had Lin got frustrated, b****ed about it and didn't perform on the court, he would have be sitting on the bench now and played behind Brooks. What Lin did? He sucked it up and played out of his mind. Now Rox has no choice but playing him more. As long as he keep performing, he is in a no-lose situation. In one or two years, there will be at least 2-3 teams will ask for his service and give him big contracts. Asik should keep that in mind. Forget about Rox, he need to work hard and play good because it is for himself.

1 person likes this.
  14. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

So basically it's now Parson's fault for trying to keep the team together. Okay. :rolleyes:

15. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I just read from Woj(ESPN) That Washington was interested in Omer and made an offer for him but Morey Turned it down so they traded for Gortat instead,we really should have pulled the trigger on that one,rockets would have some Nice assets

16. Chris Jent MVP

Jeremy Lin - doesn't get the respect he deserves.. works on his game and improves and does what his team asks of him. Professional.

Omer Asik - gets more respect than he deserves - pouts and cries, then makes demands of his team. Crybaby.

This is the difference between a rising star and an overrated idiot.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Parsons should have stopped right before the word "because" in this quote.

Now the media heads are going to quote whatever he said AFTER the word "because".

18. Deniz

Deniz Member

wow. Is it allowed to talk like that? In Europe he couldn't say these things about his teammates (even if he's right)
    These words will not motivate him....definitely not.

''Rockets pride'' lol:rolleyes:

19. coffeelover665

The choice he's making, It'd be sad to see him in 10 years without a ring, sitting on the Buck's bench because he's too old to play center. He gets his wish. Get traded from a contender to bottom tier to improve his game just to never have the chance to win a ring.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

No its parsons fault for "trying to keep the team together" by publicly calling out one of his teammates. Asik is still part of the team and by saying what he did to the media Parsons probably has Asik pissed off even more. So much for keeping the team together.

And we don't even know if Asik was the one who wen't public in the first place. Somebody other than his people could have leaked it. And nobody is faulting Parsons, people are just saying slow down and be smart.When Royce was being difficult last year (a lot worse than anything Asik has done) did Parsons publicly disregard his upset? No. So why the change of attitude. DH12 responded perfectly. He said I understand why he is upset and I am going to continue to be his friend. That's all Chandler needed to say no more, no less.