1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pride. Don't want to be here Omer? See ya!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

I am rather tired of Parsons shooting his mouth off about other players situation. He did the same thing with Lin not starting. Reminded me of Brett Favre and Javon Walker situation years ago. Not someone that you want watching your back.

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

The face of a quitter..Asik your value is dropping like a stone. Man up ! You're getting great money. Stop sending this thread off on other players. This is about this guy and he is stinking it up. He has become a cancer.

Prove me wrong Asik !

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO

1) No I am not.I said yes there is Rockets pride but there is also individual pride and fans have to be cognizant of both. LOL Rockets took a risk on Omer and got there returns 100times over last season. Omer carried us last year. Yes Harden was amazing offensively but if it wasn't for Omer's presence downlow we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Imagine, Smith or Aldrich starting at center. *shudders*

2) LMAO. You are right this team doesn't need drama and Parsons public statement totally ends all the drama that must be surrounding the team

Asik is refusing to play because he doesn't want to risk injury prior to being traded just like Lin refused to go to the team USA thing as well as refused to start training last summer until his entire contract situation was established. its a business decision that anybody with common sense would do. You yourself would do it in his position.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<strike>Rockets players</strike> Howard, Parsons respond to Asik's frustrations

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Obviously. The Rockets really want it to work with Asik. That's the reason why they have been putting trading him off and denying his trade requests. If they did not want it to work, we all know Morey would have traded Omer a long time ago. I still think/hope that this can be resolved, at least until the "trade" which the Rockets are looking for opens up. Winning cures all and if we can start playing better and win, I don't think Omer would mind playing less till we can trade him. But he has to play and play hard till then. I can give him a pass these past 2 games since neither the 76ers or Knicks had a big presence anyway but with games against the Wolves, Spurs, Grizzles and Nets in the coming weeks, not giving 100% effort or 'being sick' will be inexcusable.

6. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

if he doesnt want to at least try while he's still with the team, he can at least return Houston's goodwill to him by not making his trade demand public and undercutting Houston's bargaining position. i wanted him to stay with the team for awhile now i want him gone asap. he's the definition of self-fish.

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lol I know right. I feel for Omer but that feeding kid part is just ridiculous. I'm making 1/50th of Omer's annual income and I can still enjoy my life from down under.

Come on now, that's not where the problem is.

8. nono

nono Member

Why even sit him on the bench if he keeps on making moronic faces like that and decreases his trade value ? Someone just tell him to stay home.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO

He is doing what any player would do. The NBA is a business first and foremost and these players are business men. Asik made a business decision not to play because he doesn't want to risk injury. I don't blame him one bit.

He didn't say anything about Lin not starting.

LMAO int that statement Parsons says he stays out of it and then 10 seconds later says I don't know what he is upset about. How is that staying out of it?

10. drc3906

drc3906 Member

The fact is that Omer has a contract and is being paid to perform his best. When you sign a contract, it is not only legally binding, but also an issue of principle to fulfill it. Quitting on a team has never been the way to go about solving this sort of issue. If he performs subpar on purpose, then can the Rockets pay him less? No! Whenever you sign a contract or perform a job anywhere, you need to perform your best at it. It becomes a character issue when you have any mindset contrary to that way of thinking.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

How about Parsons stop pump faking everything.

Parsons does know he's gonna be part of the trade for durant, right?

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure if I buy that one. Risking injury? Asik hasn't missed a single game due to injury his whole career.

This explanation is quite dubious.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Parsons need to shut the **** up and let front office handle this issue. He went out there and took credit for recruiting Dwight, he's got the starting job and he will get paid.

Imagine if Omer went out and recruited some superstar small forward who can't hit FT to save his life then turn around asking your ex starting SF to stay because "we need you"? I'd throw a big ****ing finger right in front of his fAce.

It's never about money, it's pride.

14. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

if Omer recruited a SF that's better than Parsons and turns around asking Parsons to stay (and Parson's already making his market value) because "we need him," i'm fine with that.

15. autoprt

autoprt Member

personally i think asik didn't go about it the right way. understanding he is upset about minutes but the right thing is to just go out and play your best when called upon and the minutes will come. i mean lin basically got benched and publically rediculed in just about every paper, he sucked it up and publically said what's best for the team i'm in and has more mins now than before. the minutes are available for asik when dwight isn't in but he's too blinded about starting to see it.

16. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

fact of the matter is, Houston has done everything it could to help him and, not only is he not returning to goodwill by continuing to trade, he has undercut Houston's bargaining position by making his trade demand public. i would be pissed if I was Les or Morey.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

some classy rockets fans here. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have been on the trade asik wagon for a while now because of this, what Asik is saying is COMPLETELY NORMAL.

He wants more minute and deserves it. Therefore he needs to goto a new team. That is all, no need to pile on him for all he has done for the team.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The "not playing because he doesn't want to risk injury" thing doesn't make sense to me. What's the difference if he's playing in Houston vs. playing in another city? He has the same chance to get injured on any team. Most injuries don't hurt trade value either. He's got another year on his contract where he's getting paid $15 million, injury or not. Suck it up and play, we are paying you to do so.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think most people are upset about him refusing to play, not requesting a trade.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I didn't say it ends drama. I said it's difficult for him to mind his own business when Asik's issues are spilling into the team.

Even if what Parsons said was unnecessary, it was also not out of line.

Bottomline is, Parsons should have kept his mouth shut, but Asik (or his agent) is the real culprit in this mess.