1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pride. Don't want to be here Omer? See ya!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Nov 16, 2013.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Aren't

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Parsons thinks Asik shouldn't have shown his frustration in public, he's doing the exact same thing himself.

When a guy believes that he is no longer part of the team, it's hard to conjure up team pride. Even the consummate professional Battier said that the thought of the possibility of being traded any time soon did affect one's game.

3. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Chandler should stop worrying and commenting on other players since he has been less then stellar so far this season. When he can hit the broad side of a barn then he can talk.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, history of humankind suggest people go for money.

5. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Funny, first Lin gets bumped down due to Rockets getting a "better" version of him in Harden, then the same thing happens to Asik. At least Jeremy gets playing time though.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Parsons this year among SFs.

7th in scoring
    7th in FG%
    6th in assists

Makes $926k

If Parsons is playing hard, why can't Asik?

7. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Parsons is a starter, gets lots of minutes and lots of touches.
    Asik warms the bench.

Huge difference. Pay isn't the issue, Asik wants to start or at least play significant minutes.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Trying to imply something?

9. Caris

Caris Member

I'm curious - what are the signs that Asik is not playing hard?

10. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

If Rocets traded for Melo and put Parsons on the bench I'm 100% sure he would ask for a trade as well...he needs to stop pump faking and shoot the ball cause his game has gone down

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Exactly. It's too early to declare that Asik has quit on the team. He's definitely unhappy, but that's completely different from not giving effort. He played 4 mins in the Philly game, and while he did look terrible, it's too little time to conclude anything.

We should wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Asik signed an offer sheet with the Rockets last season knowing full well the Rockets wanted to trade for Dwight Howard and could've potentially added Dwight Howard.

Funny how he wasn't so choosy when there was only one NBA team willing to give him $25mil after career averages of 2.9ppg/4.4rpg.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

It isn't all about money. These guys have pride to. We talk about Rockets pride but can't conceptualize that these players have individual pride as well. I don't blame Omer. He said in his press conference when he showed up that he wanted to show what he can do.

And honestly Parsons really shouldn't be opening his mouth like that. If we upgrade at the SF spot Chandler would request a trade and wouldn't be professional about it. I love Chandler but he needs to stop talking and mind his own business.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

From Kevin McHale

Omer Asik situation. How do you assess that?

I asked, we had a meeting, I asked Omer if he was ready to play, he said no. Evidently didn't feel good and that was before the game so I went with Greg. Other than that, nothing I can say about it.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Omer Asik carried this team defensively last year and played every single game last season. Don't be spiteful. People can be upset with what Omer is doing now but I don't understand all the re-writing of history that has started.

16. pnr

pnr Member

Parsons, just stfu.

17. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

Thanks Meh. I don't understand where all this Parsons hate is coming from? I thought he was one of the most beloved rockets today.

@Caris- Theres a reason Asik played only 4 mins the other night. It wasnt bc of the flu contrary to popular belief bc in that case, he wouldnt have played at all. He was blatantly benched bc of his sub-par effort. It caused a knee-jerk reaction in requesting a trade within 48 hrs. so,to sum it up: no effort + a well deserved benching= trade request. Instead of improving other facets of his game to HELP the team such as possibly developing a 10-14 footer so that spacing wouldnt be the issue with dwight, he wants out.

18. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Most people are betas so it's hard for them to understand what an Alpha would do in these types of situations. Most people show up to work, do their mediocre jobs and never take a risk. Asik is an alpha, he wants to start.

19. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Like I said before and I'll say again, he's mentally weak, and tries too hard to avoid contact, just glad that I don't have to watch him play anymore

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Can you point to which part of my statement that was/is not true?