1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets pride. Don't want to be here Omer? See ya!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Please go research MY LAST POST WHERE I SAID ALL THE ROCKETS OWE ASIK IS MONEY, and come back and add something that's worth reading to this discussion.

2. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

This. Being upset and wanting to leave is normal; getting paid for a job that you refuse to do is just plain unprofessional.

3. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

why do you people get pissed about not needing another thread on a topic..do you realize when you respond you keep it at the top? smh

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree with the sentiment - but that is not the conversation it is about leverage.

Asik is using his, the Rockets use theirs all the time, this is just business by both.

DD

5. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

There's a difference between someone like you and Asik.

You're a nobody and utterly replaceable. I do not know what job you do, but I presume in this world, a million other folks can do it just as easily (if not better) as you do. On the other hand, people like Asik (7 foot mobile defensive centers with great footwork and rebounding skills) are almost as rare as a Galapagos tortoise. Most of the time, replacing him will be a big downgrade. In the NBA, people like him get guaranteed contracts, because other teams would jump on him if we did not give a good offer first.

Rockets could / can "replace Asik" because they were able to obtain a better, rarer giant tortoise. Unfortunately, since Asik is rare enough, he will always be in demand somewhere else. And as long as he will be in demand somewhere else (plus that guaranteed contract), he can afford to do whatever he is doing right now with very little consequence.

It may sound stupid.... but unfortunately, that's life. That's the difference between someone who was born and blessed with all the natural physical traits needed to be a successful center in the NBA (and of course put in the effort too) - Asik - and someone who is just another common person off the street - you, Downtown Sniper... and probably me too.

In short, Asik's special. You and I are not :grin:

6. tefunk

tefunk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Asik intends to return to lineup, compete against Celtics: <a href="http://t.co/DppdDo921E">http://t.co/DppdDo921E</a></p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/402290333054013441">November 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

go Research professionalism and come back... :confused:

8. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Agreed with everything you said... but does not mean Asik cannot get any criticism from Rockets fans because of his un-professional actions...

9. torocan

torocan Member

Well, that settles that.

Assuming he plays out the rest of his time here, we can file that under "bad hair day".

10. TheBornLoser

As DD said.... business is business. At this point in time, Asik no longer cares about what his team mates think about him, about what the Houston Rockets think, and about what the Houston Rockets fans think. He only cares about his own future going forward. And to him, his future is to GTFO of Houston ASAP. And he is going to use every means at his disposal to force a trade ASAP. Even if it means taking a knock on his reputation and not playing games. Because he will still get his money anyway ;)

I am just plainly describing the situation as it is. I have never said anywhere that I support Asik's actions (I don't agree with what he is doing, but whatever, I am not him). And honestly, seeing the way you react, I wonder what YOU would have done if it was YOU in Asik's position. Probably have gotten into a fistfight with McHale after you learned he was benching you, LOL! :grin:

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

First, I wasn't implying you were a AOF. I was implying that "TheBornLoser" went really well with the loser's mentality you were espousing.

Second, pretty sure I was going to do that anyway.

Third, there have been 3.5+ million posts in this forum that are irrelevant to the players. I don't think that's what we're doing here.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Good. Come back, play your arse off, and hopefully Morey can satisfy your wants. Its not his fault he wants to start and play big minutes, but to flat out refuse to play when our team is dropping like flies was crap.

13. TheBornLoser

What's probably a loser's mentality to you could be a winner's mentality to another. One man's poison, another man's meat and all that.

Who knows, maybe it's you who is the loser in this conversation ;)

14. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Clearly, you are wrong. It's obvious Omer listened to me and not you, and saw the error of his ways.:grin: