1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets playing better than the record shows!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LA's #1 Rocket Fan, Nov 22, 2001.

1. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

We are 3rd in our divison and 5th in the west, considering that we played more western teams than any other team so far that's great!

We have only played 2 east teams and are still undefeated lol and we probably will do great against them this year as last year.

And against the west so far have been even at .500. Our 10 games against western conference teams is the most played by anyteam this year(tied with lakers). Not bad considering that the west is more forward heavy and we are light up front. Taking alook at Minnesota they have only played 2 west teams and one them was us and we darn near beat them. They are good but not as good as their 9-2 record shows. I'm sure if we only played 2 west teams we would be up their too.

I just wanted to say that I'm pleased with our record so far considering that we are playing in a pretty tough conference and we havn't been shooting well! Is it because of our D?

What do you guys think? How are the Rockets doing in your opinion? Do you think they should be better or worse than the record shows?

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Me thinks the Rockets are good. Playoff-team good.

ROCKETS RULE!

Ahem...I apologize for my excessive use of the font size tool. I just think it's soooo cool.

3. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

I totally agree LA1RF

The Rockets' record's acceptable considering the number of games we played against western powerhouses. Minnesota has only played 2 out of 11 against the west.

Not taking anything away from the T-wolves, but we'll just have to wait n see until they start playing games against the tougher teams in the western conference

4. FranchiseBoi86

WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!! YeA!!!!!!!!:D

5. DaneB

DaneB Member

I think its too early still to realy be able to say that we're going to the playoffs. I think a good indication will be to wait and see how we are ranked 20 games into the season. Recently, we have been losing some ground. We have lost four of our last 6. If we can get through the rest of this tough spot in our schedule, with around the same record then maybe you can say we are on our way there. For instance, take a look at the standings and you will find that the Knicks and the Heat, as well as the Jazz and the Blazers are not doing so well now. But, considering the depth and the stars on those teams, as well as an indication of how they have played in the past, I dont think they will continue to be down in the depths of their conference. Granted, the new defensive rules will truly hinder some teams, but I just cant see the Nuggets replacing the Blazers in the chase for the title.

6. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

You may be right DaneB about the Jazz and Blazers pulling themselves up later in the season, but I tell you, I am savoring their poor records so much right now. Things I am thankful for. :)

7. Sane

Sane Member

You have a point about the Blazers. Derek and Wells will learn together (if they stay on the same team). they'll work out a rotation. But for the Jazz, I really think it's over I ate them, but, it's not gonna be fun beating them if they become like the Bulls.

I think Utah will finish 7th in the West, AT MOST. Maybe an upset in the playoffs. But, it's downhill all the way after that.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm more excited about the fact that previous year's playoff teams from the West are not as good as they were earlier than I am about the improvement of the Rockets.

I've been telling friends for the last couple of years...just wait..it's a young team...yes they play inconsistent, but that will come with more experience. I can't keep saying that much longer. At some point they have to become what we thought they would become. Having said that, I'm happy their record is at it is given the fact they have the worst frontcourt in all of basketball and given that Glen Rice is the waste of time that NY Knicks fans told us he would be. No way this guy is worth the paycheck he's drawing. Will he come around?? perhaps..i certainly hope so. But I'm still not willing to call this a playoff team just yet.