1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets players/coaches sightings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Precision340

Precision340 Member

LOL @ Scola the playa!!

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I met Calvin Murphy at my church Southwest Christian.

Not a Rocket but H town boi Rashard Lewis at my old high school Alief Taylor got his John Hancock

Saw Sam Cassell this past weekend leavin Office (a downtown club) with some chick, didn't wanna bother him with his lady friend.

3. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Cuttino Mobley at Hot Topic in Memorial City Mall.

Terence Morris by the fireplace next to the ice rink also at MCM.

Scott Padgett when his nephew had a birthday at the same ice rink.

Yao Ming at the Best Buy at I-10 and Bunker Hill.

Mo Taylor at a Valero station at Bunker Hill and Barryknoll.

Bob Sura in the Toyota Center lobby before a game.

I think that's all of 'em.

4. dafranchise0309

5. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

I see Tmac at Best Buy in Sugar Land almost ever tuesday they are in town and not playing.

He buys every single new release movie/xbox game on Tuesdays when they come out.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I can't believe I forgot to mention I saw Moochie Norris walkin his lil fagg poodle in his neighborhood and Yao Ming in the same hood. :D

7. jekjek

jekjek Member

-met calvin murphy this new years at my friends house
    [​IMG]
    ^me on the right obviously, still shorter than the 5'9 calvin murphy :(

-got brent price's autograph on a shopping bag when he was still a rocket at bed bath or something at first colony mall

8. jekjek

jekjek Member

^picture didn't show for some reason
    [​IMG]

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Shoot, I remember I was forgetting something, how could I forget! I met Carl Landry at Modia last year and I played him 1 quarter on NBA 2k8...He was suppose to be there signing autographs and playing NBA 2k8 competition but he had to take off before the competition got started...i sat there and beat about 5 or 6 players, i was playing this one kid and beating him like by 15 points or something, that's when Carl came in and told the kid "Man you suck, give me the controller" (in a joking way but still, I wouldn't want that to be my only encounter with Carl Landry) and Carl took over and played a quarter, I didn't destroy him but I still beat him pretty good. He talked some trash while he played me....anyhoo, sports radio 610 took some photos but i have no idea if they were every posted anywhere.

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

04-05 Rockets Squad and coaching staff...

I didn't exactly meet them but I would see them around when I worked at Rockets. A few of them would nod their heads at me whenever I passed by.

A friend and I were in the same elevator with T-Mac at Rockets Holiday Party that same year. We didn't bother him because he didn't seem he wanted to be bothered.

I met Shane Battier and shook his hand last year at Izbia(?) bar.

I saw most of players last year at Fan appreciation event. Oh, I also shook Scola's hand.

I think that is it.

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

To add to that, I also met Matt Jackson of 610 sports also and he asked me my take on the Rockets and how far I thought they would go...I started talking and the dude zoned off and walked away....i'm like man...am I that boring??? lol....seriously.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Maybe I Bar? Downtown?

13. Kate81

Kate81 Member

-Chucky Brown at the Galleria when I was a lot younger.
    -Moochie Norris at the Greenway Mercedes Dealership, I got his autograph on a 1 dollar bill... then I spent that dollar a couple months later.
    -Patrick Ewing at the same dealership, I didn't bother him. And he didn't look that tall.
    -Dikembe Mutombo a couple months back at the Galleria. He was going down a escalator and as he got off I said "What's up Deke, good game last night." He says "Thank you." In person... that voice is just crazy. He was going into Fendi, I think with his wife.
    -Steve Francis, when he used to play here. Saw him and his boys go into Versace in the Galleria.
    -Sheryl Swoops, at Intercontinental Airport... she didn't look at tall. Had to look a couple times, cause she blends in well I guess.
    -Brad Ausmus, I know not Rocket related... but he was at the Randalls near my house off Holcombe. He looked like a regular Joe.
    -Sage Rosenfels, also not Rocket related... but I've seen him twice at the HEB near my place. Didn't even bother to acknowledge him. I don't think anyone noticed who he was.

All I can think of for now.

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Three years ago, my neighbor invited me to "babysit her kids" at TMac's daughter's halloween/birthday party.
    My neighbor's youngest daughter and son go to the same private school as TMac's kids over by Sweetwater.
    So I was able to walk through his house and spent most of the time in the backyard, looking around lol.
    Tracy came out once for a bit to meet and greet and what not.
    I think he was injured at the time, dealing with his back.
    Clutch was there.. got picture and autograph from him ha.
    And for goody bags, they gave us Adidas gear lol (bag, water bottle, etc etc.)

15. funkyfresh

funkyfresh Member

Here are some odd and funny ones
    ==========
    at a KLOL Charity event at the Summit
    I come out of taking a poo and Matt Bullard is waiting patiently for
    the stall that I was just in. I said "Aren't you Matt Bullard?" He was shocked
    that I even knew who he was. I believe it was his rookie year.
    ============
    as a student at South Houston High School:
    a carload of brothers pulled up in the parking lot
    and asked me where San Jacinto College
    was. ET was in the back seat! '90
    ==========
    saw Shaq shopping with Shaunie at the Galleria with a dolly
    full of items. He gave me that look of.. don't you even think
    about bothering me.. mid 90's
    ============
    happen to bump into Sam again and Moses Malone
    at the airport in Cozymel, Mexico.

Sam was yucking and jiving and Moses was a complete a-hole.
    said we wouldn't sign s**t for me or take a pic. summer '97
    =========
    (I used to play and take requests at the Saddle Ranch in LA on the strip and at Universal Studios and was around a ton of folks 2001-2007)

Got called to come play at the table of Rocket nemesis Xavier McDaniel aka X-Man. He was cool. Gave me a fat tip for a few tunes. Came back the next 3 days to hang. Said he was sorry that Sonics whipped our ass so much and laughed. '03?

One night Devean George wanted to play my guitar but he didn't have the balls to ask me straight up even though he was standing 3 feet from me.
    His buddy had to ask and I looked Devean straight in the eye and said NO! He was pissed. '04

Lakers owner Jerry Buss and some young hottie he was hitting on.
    He was rude. '06
    ===========
    Shawn Marion at LAX in the summer '06
    =====
    Luke Walton rushing to catch his plane at LAX - in season '07
    ========
    Playing at Michael Jordan's Birthday party last Jan. '08 in the Bahamas.
    This one was the coolest! Seeing Jordan was cool, but seeing Dr. J
    stroll in was pretty cool as well. Barry Sanders, Drew Brees, Ahmad Rashad,
    Ken Griffey Jr., and the dude from the ALLSTATE commercials.
    I talked to Stuart Scott - he was a TOOL.

i'm sure there are more, but that's all that's coming to me at the moment.

16. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Saw Hakeem at ihop one morning. I did not want to disturb him, but couldn't refrain from taking a picture with him considering he is my favorite player of all time.

17. tsunami

tsunami Member

Saw TMAC in 24Fitness Super Center in Vegas. He's working there.

18. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

19. NateNate

NateNate Member

Saw Kenny Thomas twice at the same target on Hwy 6 and Bellaire, it was his rookie year and he was shy. Not a rocket but seen travis johnson his rookie year at Burlington Coat factory

20. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I saw Kenny Smith at Houston's on Kirby this must have been...97..maybe 98.

Then I was Matt Mallony(sp) there in 98 for sure it was the same day as a Bull's game...Jordan was coming to town.

Then I met Elvin Hayes in the Men's room at a mall, he walked up to the urinal next to mine,....freaky man, freaky!