1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets planning to unveil new court design this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ReD_1, Sep 7, 2007.

1. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

HA! Am I right fellas????

2. RoxandRex

RoxandRex Member

for me this is a better court plan, u can see the movements of the players and the ball easily...

3. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

A spirited discussion about the floor. I think we are in excellent shape for the start of training camp.

Great photo's of the old floor and the new floor, side by side, thanks.

How much do those Milwaukee Bucks seats cost that produced the shot of their floor. Talk about nose bleed sets.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I hate the "unpainted lane" concept. It looks like a volleyball court.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Les wants the team to play "more phoenix like"

6. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

7. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

8. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

that's okay, i was wondering why i could see quite a few people in the seats. the rockets are having a "select a seat" day where people can pick available seats to purchase season ticket packages.

9. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

A lot of teams have the dark/light color scheme going on.

If the Rockets kept the out-of-bounds area red, it would have been too much like the Raptors home court...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#89 purplefever, Sep 8, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  10. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

they couldve just changed the old court a little bit. Like change the paint scheme for the lanes cuz the red and grey on top was kind ugly couldve put a re inside box and grey outside side boxes

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

12. pchan

pchan Member

I can barely tell the difference.

13. tigereye

tigereye Member

Bad News.

If your one of those who dont like the new floor because its simple a re-badged version of the Suns floor, your not gonna like the news I'm about to share.

The Charlotte Bobcats have already installed the same exact floor design in there area too. In fact, the Rockets new court design is an exact mirror image of the Bobcats new floor in base concept. All three will have darker shaded floors with a lighter shade inside the arc. And where Phoenix has one difference in that the baseline reads "Phoenix SUNS Basketball," both Houston and Charlotte will read "Houston Rockets" and "Charlotte Bobcats" running from one end of the 3-point arc to the other. The Rockets old outgoing court had "Houston Rockets" running from one end of the baseline to the other, thus the baseline lettering on the new court will be smaller in size because of this change. Cleveland's floor also has the same concept working, but there wood shade roles are reversed. With Cleveland's design, the arc received the darker shade of wood.

Phoenix Suns Two-Toned Court
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Rocket Two-Toned Court
    http://i14.tinypic.com/4rbnsxi.jpg

[B]Bobcats Two-Toned Court[/B] Below, is the court in the practice facility, which got the same exact new look as the court inside Bobcast arena
    [IMG]http://www.nba.com/media/bobcats/richardson_08_070806.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only In-Arena photo I could Find....that'as the center-hanging scoreboard lowered behand the cheerleaders. However, you can clearly see the lighter-shaded wood in the 3-Poin arc area, just like the Suns and Rockets court designs.
    [​IMG]

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

future b-ball aficionados will be confused at first when we, the aged, say stuff like "Protect the paint! OH HE IS CAMPING IN THE PAINT!"

and when they ask, "what paint?" we'll have to explain, "see that area near the rim that's not painted? well thats the paint, you gotta protect the paint!"

also want to know if, seriously, if there are focus groups and all sorts of research on the effects of harsh paint like primary red. i know red frustrates bulls. and in art, visually it pushed objects out and gives a sense of portruding. is it tougher on a passer? pre-supposes more emphasis from the ref's whistle when it gets physical under the basket?

i'm no psychologist so i won't do some pseudo-psycho babble. but it'd be really interesting if someone would elaborate on that.

15. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

its actually starting to look good on webcam..as long as we win who cares i guess = )

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

That Charlottle court doesn't have a lighter wood tone inside the arc...it's white...least that's what it looks like to me.

17. Robjos

Robjos Member

I Like The New Design !!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :D

18. tigereye

tigereye Member

19. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

they are peeling off the stickers right now

20. Omer

Omer Member

Not feelin the new court, seems like theres not enough red.

I'm lovin the live webcam though, that's so sweet.