1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Part with McCants

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amorephd, Sep 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Allan Houston still want back in the league?

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You may want to be willing to accept the possibility that this could be a tough season for the Rockets, regardless of who is playing at the 2 spot, including McGrady. I'm not saying to shed all optimism. I just see too many people that appear to be in total denial of the less pleasant yet realistic possibilities.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Or, it could be exactly what they said it was -- he has some undisclosed health challenge that will keep him from playing.

It wouldn't make sense if he was likely to sign on with another team. Everyone would be scratching their heads about why he was healthy enough for the new team, but not the Rockets. If he's out of shape, I think they'd pick a different excuse to not hurt his chances signing with another team. I don't think the team would mention health unless it was indeed a health problem or McCants asked them to use that excuse.

4. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Ariza/Battier/Barry/Budinger/Brooks(Lowry at pg)/Chuck Hayes :D

5. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Yeah, organizations never lie or cover things up right? :)

6. BrooksBall

:D

Question: How do you post a single emoticon in a response since it's less than 5 characters? I've seen several people do it.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

8. BrooksBall

:rolleyes:

Edit: That one works but it's more than 5 characters. So maybe it's just certain emoticons that are less than 5. Thanks.

9. RMGEEGEE

Ha ;)

10. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Ariza is not a SG neither is Shane. Brooks is too smal to play significant minutes at that spot. Lowry will fail because he has no outside shot. Budinger is in his rookie season and even though he played phenomenal basketball in sl, we still do not know how he will perform. And he is not a SG. Probably too slow.

Barry has retired.

We pretty much have nothing at the SG spot. Taylor will have to come in and play like Wafer did, at least for the first month until Tracy returns.

12. kenwonobi

kenwonobi Member

Most have been a total jerk to not have been given the opportunity. What a spaz this guy is. Man we need guard depth bad and that says something.

13. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Spot minutes of Brooks/Ariza at the 2, with JT or Chase getting some times in the rotation. That's how it's looking at the moment.

14. RMGEEGEE

Well I don't think you can split Ariza & Battier at the 3.
    We played brooks at the two last season...
    I didn't say Lowry...
    Budinger is looking promising <--- could be our best option is what I'm saying.
    Barry retired?

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There go the playoff chances :D

Actually, I thought he might be useful here. This team needs scoring so bad and he could have helped there. I hope the Rockets keep searching because as of this second the only SG that is actually going to participate in training camp is Taylor. No matter how optimistic you are if you think a second rounder has any business as the starter or the second string SG right out of the gate you have issues with your intelligence.

16. BrooksBall

See post #34 in this thread.

17. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I have a feeling that Will Conroy would have beat him out of a roster spot anyway

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Morey has to do something unless they are flat out lying about McGrady November return (which I doubt). Maybe Ariza has become the mythical slasher/creator that so many fans here imagine he will be. I'll believe McGrady can dunk like the Toronto years before I believe that, however.

Morey is too smart to let SG go unattended to before training camp. It's pretty scary to think of Ariza/Brooks trying to fill in at SG for more than 5-6 minutes each.

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

WIth McGrady back Ariza will come off the bench. I am against putting Shane and Trevor in the starting 5. I listened to Shane's interview during media day and as much as I love the guy he is not a scorer and will never be. He is here to play defense.

I hope to see Ariza better at offense this season, but imo they both may still not be enough for us to win games.

I don't remember Brooks playing 2 last season.

Budinger is a good player but he is a typical sf. Will be to slow to guard most of sg's in the NBA.

Yes, Barry retired.

And it doesn't look good.

20. NBAok

NBAok Member

Budinger will get killed on defense at sg he's to slow.