1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets overrated?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juugie, Dec 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

LOL It's Juugie again. I will do u a favor and clearly state that Francis is a definite top 25 guy. It's Yao prevents Francis from getting his game going. Yao has totally destroyed SF's game and confidence. Until we trade Yao for a "truly physical low post threat" such as dampier, rockets will continue to be a mediocre team. Remember the trade proposal Yao+Moochie for dampier? We are still waiting for u to pull the trigger.

:D :D :D :D :D

2. Juugie

Juugie Member

I pay for League Pass on top of my DTV just to see the Rockets. I'm over a thousand miles away and I still follow them every day. Unlike you, I'm a true fan of the team and not just Yao Ming.

Also, I don't know why someone went back and opened every thread I ever started but I'm hoping Clutch or Jeff will lock these

3. Juugie

Juugie Member

Hey, it's my opinion. You obviously think more highly of Yao's 17 and 10 than I do. I mean, they're nice, solid numbers, but nothing to go crazy over. And I do believe that Dampier scores almost as much as Yao and rebounds more and if you add NVE's leadership and clutch shooting that this team would be better.

That's my opinion.

You think Yao is God.

That's you're opinion.

I don't trash you for yours, so don't trash me for mine.

It's America, dude.

4. haven

haven Member

You know, the ability to speak freely has absolutely nothing to do with the ability of others to criticize your opinion. Strike that: it does. It gives them the right to criticize your opinion.

And don't hide behind opinions. If you truly believe that we can simply profess any belief we wish, disagree... and never come to anything else, then there's not much of a point in a discussion board. Some opinions are better than others.

I'm not saying yours is necessarily wrong. But don't hide behind the fact that it's an opinion. Tell him the underlying data and inferences that you've made to come to your "superior" opinion.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hey, I'll settle for a mediocre team that's half a game out of first place in the league's strongest division, and that's ranked in the top 10 (usually in the top 7 or so) by nearly every ranking source. If that's mediocrity, can I have another helping?

6. Charvo

Charvo Member

Dampier makes $8 million. He's number #27 in terms of NBA.com production statistics. Yao makes $4 million, and he's currently #18. Golden State would do this trade in a second. Musselman will personally thank the Rockets for pushing them into the playoffs.

I think the Rockets can get two #1 draft picks and Dunleavy for Yao from the Golden State Warriors. They've already made it known they are cap planning for the guy from their moves this past summer with Jamison and Fortson being dumped from their payroll.

7. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

LOL.

I think Yao is God? I challenge u to find ONE post or even ONE sentence from my posts stating or even implying that YAO IS GOD. To make your task more simplier, just find one sentence that I imply that Yao is the best on this team and I would apologise to u and leave this board forever. How about u cant find any?

And I trash your opinion? Please quote it. Or maybe u r not confident enough with your opinion and whenever someone challenge it, u feel threatened and trashed?

Is this the american way? I think I still have a lot to learn, especially from u, Mr. Juugie.