1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets or Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 23, 2013.

1. rocketblood713

its not like anyone will care they just say somthin like "well Rockets are a young team this was a learning year" or somthin like that and then say somthin like "never count Kobe out"

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Add the Thunder and Heat to that list the Wizards this season.. yes, they beat Miami TWICE.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL @ everybody on here jumping ship...

It was a bad loss, but are we really just giving up already? We just beat the Thunder and the Nets, yet people think we're already done.

Step away from the ledge everybody. We have plenty of games left to go.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

So true

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Add the Thunder and Heat to that list the Wizards beat this season.. yes, they beat Miami TWICE.

Fixed.

6. rocketblood713

thats why im saying we have young team and its inconsistent so we dont know how they are gonna respond down the road for all we know they go on a 5 game winning streak or they can cumble and lose games they shouldnt

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, it was a different roster(same coach), a veteran roster that collapsed down the stretch. And you're gonna tell me these young kids are a lock?! :eek:

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well... That definitely makes you feel better about the loss overall but what ticks you off is they maintained the lead for mostly the whole game till the end. At the end there's no timeouts and no defense at all.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Do you even know how tough our first half of the season schedule was? It was absolutely brutal. For us to be even here at the 8th spot right now is a testament how talented this team is. To tell you honestly, i have our team finishing at 7th or 6th seed.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Based on our remaining schedule, yes.

We do have the same coach from last season and this exactly one of the reasons i am more confident. With that experience he had last year should serve well for him and his team in general this time around.

11. rocketblood713

yea I know lol no one even thought this team would win 25 and they have suprised people how good they have been but young and inconsistent doesnt make them a lock for the 8th spot and trust me I hope they can move up to the 7th or 6th spot like you said but you have to win the games you should win

12. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Voice of reason

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

That Wizards game we lost wasn't a lock to start with being it was the 2nd off a back to back game on the road. Our win against the Thunder was a game most people had us losing. We could have easily lost that game in Brooklyn as well.

If there's one thing that would worry me a bit, its losing our entire power forward rotation at this stage of the season. Although i still think we'll be alright.

14. amaru

amaru Member

wouldn't be the first time the Rockets chocked and missed the playoffs.

15. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

the rox have a 7.8% chance of making the finals and a 4% chance of winning it all?!?!?!?!?!

CMON MAN!

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Different team. Different schedule. Different season. Same coach but one year smarter. :)

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Rockets "need to make hay while the sun shines" so to speak. They need to take care of business and beat the weaker teams. Blowing a 17 point lead against the Wizards was not a good start. The Lakers are surging, starting to win with regularity. We could be on the outside looking in, AGAIN. I might start "thanking Comcast" if the Rockets end up with the 14th pick again. That would be just ridiculous.

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Which is really low. 7.8% and 4% is almost as good as zero. That's exactly why the last time a low seed made and won the finals was back in 1995. ;)

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

14th picks would actually be useful with this team now. In previous years, picking 14th was the worse because our team didn't have a franchise player and was stuck in NBA purgatory.

20. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

does it really matter??

i mean whoever gets it we are getting beat by the spurs/thunder