1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets or Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

You still can't wipe last year out of your mind, can you?

We only have 1.5 players left from last year. Totally different team and system now.

We are likely gonna end at 7th, unless Trob and Garcia can fit in immediately.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

These two are must win games. Both to keep us in the playoffs and to show at least we are equally good.

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

i have doubts about houston making playoffs now after this trade. Patterson was coming alive on offense and playing good defense before he has traded. He was even rebounding alot better. I think Morey screwed playoff chances this year

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

and we played 4 more games than Dallas and won those 4

Mavs win tonight and that's a virtual tie. it would put Mavs at 26-29 and the Lakers at 27-30 with Lakers having the slight statistical edge

bottom line for this Rockets fan- I'll take 31 wins to Dallas' 26 and us playing them two more times, over the Lakers finding themselves at .500 by tomorrow evening and us facing them on the last night of the season with the playoffs on the line...

#44 across110thstreet, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just look at the losses. Rockets played more games, that's really all we can say. In fact Breen just said the exact thing I'm saying, two games behind. Both teams have two more losses than our own.

What good is a statistical edge when you are dropping in the L column? Lakers lose today and now they have to catch the Mavs because they'll be needing the Mavs to lose now. Mavs move ahead of the Lakers with a win tonight...those teams next two games?

Mavs at home against the Bucks after a days rest and Lakers going to Denver tomorrow.

So Mavs win tonight they very well could get two games ahead of the Lakers and at the same time keep pace with the Rockets.

The last game of the season is so far away why even worry about it now? Both teams could either be out of the playoffs or in the playoffs it may not even matter.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lakers make it. :rolleyes:

Rockets - good try, good effort.

7. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Lakers 11-4 in last 15. We better get after catching Utah because the Lakers are getting in.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Chill....:rolleyes:

You didn't honestly think that we were just going to flawlessly transition with a new rotation did you? Give it more than 1-2 games. Hell...we just beat the freaking Thunder and the Nets...

Give it some more time.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Either the lakers and rockets make it or just the lakers will mAke it. The nba will make sure lakers get in the refs will get them to the free throw line as many times as they can.

10. lalala902102001

Come on have some faith in this team. We are going to make the playoffs this year.

11. rocketblood713

I was gonna say Rockets but they let me down against the Wizards so NOW I really think Lakers make the playoffs and not too sure about Houston anymore they might have an easier schedule but there so inconsistent im starting think they gonna lose a couple more games that they shouldnt(wizards,sac) that its gonna end up coming down to the last game @LA and then everyone knows if it comes down to that the Rockets are gonna have pay against the Lakers and refs in that game and Lakers will end up advancing and Rockets will end up in the 9th spot ...BUT MAN I HOPE IM WRONG !

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If that actually happened nobody should ever argue about if the nba is fixed or not

13. peter2012

peter2012 Member

No, rockets and lakers will both be in the playoff, Utah will be out.

14. ejarts

ejarts Member

we lost to wizards. WIZARDS. the Kings of east. and we did lose to Kings too. not a good sign. we lost 5 rotation players, if smith misses more time. Morey should've done a camby trade and got a reliable vet. not good guys. every year its like this. well end up 9 again. defense better step up or were done.

1 person likes this.
  15. rocketblood713

Like I said fellow Clutchfans I HOPE IM WRONG !! .lol

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

But we're young!!!(as if that's comforting, ha!)

No matter how one might try to spin it, I'm sorry but the 9th seed, 14th pick sucks. Young, old, in-between, doesn't matter, IT SUCKS!

17. ejarts

ejarts Member

lakers has the side of the commish.they pay a lot of luxury tax. while the rockets are ignored by espn and no matter how much flop teams do against rockets, you never hear even a warning from the main office. maybe houston should've joined the illuminati too.

18. ejarts

ejarts Member

exactly. and the teams were fighting for a spot against are filled with vets. sucks. this is why McHale is so mad about not having enough vets.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Teams the Wizards beat this month.

Clippers
    Knicks
    Nets
    Bucks
    Nuggets
    Rockets

The Wizards have been playing well as of late.

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Seriously fellas? If you're so worried and have this little faith on our team then what's the point of making to playoffs this year? I totally get why some of you still have nightmares from last year's meltdown but come on, that was a different roster we had last season.

We will make the playoffs because that's how good this team is and the schedule favors us as well.

Whatever happens this season, i will charge to development and experience since we are just on our 1st season of rebuilding and we have youngest and most inexperienced team in the NBA.

Oh and by the way, i actually had the Lakers winning this game and got $200 from it. :grin: