1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets or Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

That was the joke, that's why I separated the rockets from the rest of the schedule.

2. OpportunityCost

Fixed.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Sure - so because we collapsed last year, we'll definitely collapse this year.

I realize a lot can happen, but we didn't have a player of Harden's standing last season, and we weren't pegged to finish higher than 8th at this stage of the year.

The numbers have us 1 win away from 5th seed, and not in the conversation for 9th. I'm thinking we should stop freaking out until we need to freak out?

Should we lose the next couple of games, THEN we can all start running around like chickens with their heads cut off - but until then?? Why aren't we (fans) looking upwards to the teams with harder schedules than ours and comparing ourselves to them?
    Utah is about to lose, and we have as many wins as they do...

1 person likes this.
  4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Who cares about Lakers and Jazz? We are going to overtake the Warriors and be the 6th seed.

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Or move up to #6......that 6-9 spots are very fragile at this point....three games and the Lakers at the Rockets door....same and the Rockets pass GS for 6th spot. What's going to be interesting is whether top teams or bottom teams, with no point in losing games, not playing hard down the streatch and stinking up teams.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm more interested in this right here:

3/3 vs. Dallas
    3/6 @ Dallas

That's us. Dallas is two losses behind us right now. They could hand us those two losses in short order. Hope we learn how to beat them! We're 0-2 so far.

8. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I really hope Dallas can pull out a win today. If so Utah, Rockets and the Lakers al lost so I won't fell so bad.

Lets face it as mad as I was about the Wizards loss I think a lot of people seen it coming.

It's hard to win a back to back on the road in the NBA. Wizards have been playing good as of late.

9. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Before the trade and the loss to Wizards last night, I was predicting at least 46 wins for the Rockets this season and a chance to advance to the 6th seed if GSW can't pull themselves up quick, now I am not sure.

Have to wait until we see what TRob can do in his first couple of games with us.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think GSW will fall out of the playoffs.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

So basically we need Dallas to win today

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We really don't need anyone to win or lose, if we take care of our business then we'll be fine.

This game is important to either of these teams but not really to us. The tie-breaker hasn't been determined between either of these teams for us so it doesn't matter.

But I do fear the Lakers more because Howard is slowly looking like himself again.

13. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I think the Lakers would have a better chance sneaking into the playoffs than Jazz because of both teams' remaining schedules, even though I'd like to see them out this year since it's about time for all of us to learn a lesson.

No matter how good your individual star players are, it you don't have the chemistry, the right coach and system, you are not going to make it.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

but we didn't take care of business last night and we are idle today (and don't play until Wednesday) and the Lakers are playing today and tomorrow, so yes, it is very important that they lose and we keep the 3.5 game lead on them, otherwise they are only two losses behind us and gaining in the W column...

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Mavs are only two games behind us as well.

If you are hoping for the Lakers to lose then it's more like you are more worried about the Lakers than the Mavs. They virtually have the same record right now.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Too many variables to claim 'choke job' if p/o missed.

Difficulty of sked? Rox v DC, both on 2nd of B2B. 17 pt lead. L. oops
    By April Pop and others, perhaps, will be prepping for p/o by resting guys (inappropriately?) and other teams will be pushingpushingpushing, so April and difficulty of schedule are not in concert.

Go Rox. Playoffs. Make your 1st round oppenent work and sweat, maybe even lose!

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

how is 25-29 virtually the same as 27-29?

both teams are two games back in the loss column, but they have a full game separating them. that puts LA 3 games behind us and Dallas 4 games behind us.

yeah, I am more worried about the Lakers catching us than the Mavericks.

LA could legitimately put themselves 2 games behind us by tomorrow if they aren't losing...

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The March schedule is very favorable for the Rockets, they are going to just have to have a really bad month to miss out it looks. I think if anything most are expecting the Rockets to move up.

Because the Loss column is the only thing that counts. All that says is the Lakers played two more games than the Mavs and won those two games.

Mavs win tonight then they are two games behind us as well still.

19. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Houston cant drop games against the Wizards if they wanna stay away from the Lakers

20. VanityHalfBlack

Is this the foreseeable future?

[​IMG]