1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets one on one practice video on 12/7, including Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stonecold999, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I think when people said T-Mac looked good, they mean how quick he looked or how well he moves. In that 5 minute video alone, he moved better there than he did all last season. You rarely saw T-Mac using the triple threat or even attempt to beat his man off the dribble. He even showed emotion and seemed pissed at his self after missing that last shot. Showing he does care about getting better. Those are positives in my opinion.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I didn't see anything in the video that would lead me to believe he will be much help. I know the video is brief and it is practice but I wasn't impressed. I'm not sure some of you are watching the same video as me. He looks quick? No he doesn't. He can't even cleanly get past Brian Cook using the dribble. Meanwhile, Budinger is blowing by Battier and Landry is getting good looks for himself. Budinger and Landry are pretty good athletes but if McGrady (the SG with supposed great athleticism) isn't even as quick as these two you can forget about him being anything close to what he was 2 years ago.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wha? :confused:

I'm glad people are finally seeing the light. Tracy is not ready because the Coach/Organization is not ready, that's all there is to it.

He needs to start looking well and busting his ass in practice because until he does that, he will not get a single minute of PT in a real game situation. IMO

Even if it is "Just practice!" - Ivo

4. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

nobody on this bbs is out there proclaiming brian cook to be the savior. a TON of people are on this bbs saying that tracy makes this a better team, tracy should be the closer, tracy has some kind of awesome skillset, tracy is going to take us to the playoffs, etc.

really? that guy? the one who couldnt jump or make a layup?

its idiotic.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Kinda seems like people are saying "maybe Tracy can help us, lets see".

Kinda seems like you are going above and beyond to bash him before he even plays a game.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Sure, T-Mac from last season won't help us at all. But this is a whole new year. How many season did T-Mac play like that? From this video, you can see T-Mac moves better there than he did all last season. I think the Rockets can be even better if they take advantage of his play making abilities. Takes a lot of pressure off Ariza to score.

7. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

do you want me to go get quotes from this bbs to support my position? there are a lot of ridiculous ones out there, that i wouldn't have to work hard to find.

i go above and beyond to bash him because 1) i have no respect for a person who claims to be a superstar, wants to be paid like a superstar, and doesn't want any of the responsibility that being a superstar entails. sorry i hold him accountable for taking up 1/3 of the salary cap of my favorite team to do nothing but burden us all with his soap opera horse manure. 2) i know how much of a piece of crap he has been to the team, organization, coaches, etc behind the scenes, and that makes me lose even more respect for him now that he thinks he's entitled to everyone's sympathy and understanding. 3) he just sucks as a basketball player right now. sure, he's injured, but having to hear so many people clamor for someone who ALL the evidence says needs a lot more time to get back into game shape, who was playing like crap before he had surgery, who has never had the level of commitment that he needed to have to reach his goals . . . its mind blowing.

i get frustrated that he's such a piece of work, and people here treat him like the second coming of jesus. its sickening.

8. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

trading tracy for someone useful would take pressure off him as well.

9. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Tracy looks horrible for a guy creating drama about being ready to play.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Absolutely. But that has yet to happen. And to help that process happen, playing T-Mac when he is ready would give other teams a chance to see what he can still do. Thus, giving the Rockets more and better offers to work with. I'm sure if the Rockets were offered a trade for a player that would help more than Mac, Tracy would be gone by now. Obviously, that offer has yet to come.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

And those type of fans won't change no matter how much you keep repeating yourself over and over again o_O Well I guess it's good for rep points by pointing them out constantly I. E. DD style =)

12. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

:facepalm:

the guy just said he's ready to play. The fans are the ones creating drama by suspecting stories and jumping to their own conclusions.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I didn't realize the fans reported to Yahoo sports that McGrady would be back before the team even had his final MRI scheduled. I didn't realize the fans put McGrady's jersey on him in Minnesota when it was clear he was not even on the active roster. I didn't realize the fans posted videos on McGrady's private website complaining about Tracy being jerked around by the organization.

14. Convictedstupid

....Like jumping to the conclusions that he is ready to play?

Now why would they jump to that conclusion.... hmmmm

Oh yeah!! Tmac said he was ready to play but he clearly isnt!

[​IMG]

15. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i point it out because i feel like my brain wants to make sense out of something that doesn't. i sit here and read so much blind support for someone who has made a career out of failure, laziness and coasting, and i want to open my eyes and find out that it's not really there. but it is. people have some infatuation with the sickness that is tracy like they are 14 year old boys with their first crush. it just makes no sense, and that's why i get so adamant about the whole situation. it just makes no freaking sense.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No I don't. I came here to discuss basketball, not discuss why people post the way they do, which is sadly becoming more and more prevalent these days.

I appreciate your perspective. Can you please stop injecting hate and derailing threads because of your particular dislike of a certain player?

Saying he looks slow or he isnt finishing is a legit criticism in this thread. Making an entire spoof mocking fan reaction drives down the quality of the forum.

We all get frustrated when the team underperforms, but people are entitled to thier own opinions and and are allowed to be fans of whomever they choose.

Hoping he comes back and helps the team is not something to be chastised for. Just because some are more forgiving than others doesnt mean you should mock them.

17. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Looks like I don't even need to formulate a response...

18. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Lmfao. :grin:

I love that one.

19. number22

number22 Member

who has proclaimed tracy anything in this thread besides you?

20. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

wait, so it's ok for 500 people to make as many uninformed comments as they please about how much they want him to come back, but its not ok for me to make pointed comments about how much I don't? that seems very hypocritical, doesn't it?

i dont think my posts drive down the quality of the forum at all. i think ludicrous statements like "tracy should be the closer for our team" that are supported by zero fact drive down the quality of the forum. all of the strong statements i make are rooted in information, facts, and conversations that I feel can be trusted. feel free not to read them, and focus on the multitude of fluff threads instead.

Also, I'm not frustrated that the team is underperforming. I think they are outperforming. I think they are playing beyond what even the organization expected, given the schedule and quality of competition. I am very happy with the team, the coaches, and the organization. I despise tracy for continually trying to put the spotlight on him instead of the team, for the awesome things they have done.

now, it is true that i hate tracy. it is true that i feel any fan of this team, and this organization is justified in hating tracy. if my feelings on this are disruptive, then i'm sorry, but i am portraying my opinion on a subject that i feel like is totally and completely misunderstood here, and trying to inject some sanity. in the face of the oblivious, it takes a strong statement and shouting from the rooftops to get people to listen.

1 person likes this.