1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets on TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Bruno, Jul 19, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Bruno

Mr. Bruno Member

I am new to Houston but a big Rocket fan. I need to get either cable or a satellite dish. What is the best package to see the most home and away games?

------------------

2. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Whichever, we are lucky we get to see all the games!

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

[This message has been edited by carlit0 (edited July 19, 2001).]

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

League Pass costs the same whether you get satelite or cable, so it really comes down to what is available to you, and what service you would prefer. League pass runs for around 150 dollars per year. I used cable myself.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Keep the ???? alive!

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

DirectTV NBA League Pass.

Absolute must for the out of town Rockets fan. I live in Dallas and the only games that I did not see on DTV were the games played here in Dallas and one I saw on a local station and the other I attended live.

------------------

5. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

crash, I know there's another guy here on the BBS who is also in dallas. I am also in dallas.

when next season rolls around, we should figure out how many dallas rockets Fans with a capital F there are, and we might could all go in together to get League Pass at somebody's place.

there are plenty of logistics to work out on that. . . for one, someone would have to be willing to host it.

but it's an idea to throw out there. kind of like splitting season tickets with some buddies, only with League Pass.

------------------
    houston rockets = 2
    utah jazz = 0

6. Mr. Bruno

Mr. Bruno Member

I am in Houston. What TV station are the away games on? What cable/satellite station are the home games on?

------------------

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The away games are on UPN 20. The home games are on Fox Sports Southwest. You can get both on cable, although you will need to buy a TV antenna to receive UPN 20 if you opt for satellite.

------------------
    13-0

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

just check the Rockets home page and under schedule (when it comes out) and it will tell exactly what station each individual game will be played on. I think most of the away games are played on Fox SW and most of the home games are on ch 20 (?).

------------------

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I went to that last game against Dallas last year. Man, Reunion Arena was small and crowded and old, but Dallas fans were into it and it was a GREAT game. Heartbreaking loss. This guy a couple of seats down was a big Rocks fan as well and was drunk as hell before the game even started. It was a good time.

------------------
    American business long ago gave up on demanding that prospective employees be honest and hardworking. It has even stopped hoping for employees who are educated enough that they can tell the difference between the men's room and the women's room without having little pictures on the doors.

10. Band Geek Mobster

I too was at the Mavs game, I guess my section was a good section b/c you had to look for the Mavs fans. My row and the rows in front and behind of mine were full of Rockets fans. It's a shame the game ended the way it did though...

------------------
    President of the CC.net Realist Club, everyone needs a dose of reality once in a while...

11. Colby

Colby Member

Warner comes with FoxSW and UPN.

JayZ, where were you sitting, because I was pretty drunk at that game, sober these days. I was behind the Rockets bench about 23 rows up I think. I was so pissed at all the calls Dallas was getting. Even the people around me knew the Rocks were getting shafted.

The worst part of that game was with 2:23 left, my friend and I started standing to watch the last 2 minutes. After about 10 seconds, some idiot behind me asked me to sit down. [​IMG] I told him this is not the ballet, but a close game for playoff postion. We jawed back and forth for 20 more seconds, by that time everyone was standing. What an idiot.

That was my last Hakeem game, so that was cool.

Thankfuly fate has brought me back to Houston. [​IMG]

------------------
    T-Pooh and BahDakota went up the hill,
    to make a bet on a Foreward.
    When it all came down,
    they were nowhere to be found.
    Now they should be drawn and quartered.

12. OT

OT Member

Bruno,
    All you have to do is get Warner Cable and you will be able to see all the regular season games for free. If we make the playoffs they may be pay per view. The schedule will be on the Rockets homepage.

------------------

13. edc

edc Contributing Member

You actually need to keep a pretty close eye on the schedule. The "Home on FXSW, Road on 20"-thing isn't a given. They traded off a bunch of games last year because 20 wants/needs to keep as closely to the regular UPN schedule as possible. I imagine something similar will happen this time around.

------------------

14. mduke

mduke Member

DirecTV Legue pass is awesome, but its pretty expensive though [​IMG]

------------------

15. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Expensive?? How do you figure?

Have you bought tickets to an NBA game recently?

With League Pass you get almost every freakin game for every freakin team. It's a bargain IMO

------------------
    "For there is nothing either good or bad, thinking makes it so."
    - William Shakespeare (1564-1616), Hamlet

16. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I agree. They could easily charge 400-600 dollars for League Pass, but it is only 150 if you order in September.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Keep the ???? alive!

The ZRBucks!

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It used to be $149.

They told me I could get it. Watch... the bastards are going to say it's not available in my area or something.

... I swear I'm going to jail if they tell me that this time

------------------
    "I'll tell you this, the older I get, the less I trust people. It's true. It's damn true." -- gr8-1 going through some growing pains.

19. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Heres a good place to find a lawyer [​IMG]

http://www.lawyersonline.com/

------------------
    "For there is nothing either good or bad, thinking makes it so."
    - William Shakespeare (1564-1616), Hamlet