1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets on AT&T Uverse for 2012-13?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by junk151, Jul 15, 2012.

1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Yes i must know if Time warner cable will have CSN... i cant imagine a season without watching the rockets.. well besides the nationally televised games but its not like we have the luxury for many of those

2. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

AT&T better pick it up or I'm OUT.

3. Prince

Prince Member

i called and to add the sports channel is only 4.99 a month. but you got to add 10 for HD.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

so it isn't on the U-300 sports package? Damn... I would Gladly trade LHN for CSN.

5. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

So what package are you in now? Digital starter plus HD?

6. dotcom

dotcom Member

Comcast Sports Network or CSN Houston has not launched anywhere yet. It officially goes live on October 1.

As of this moment, only Comcast subscribers will have that channel appear on Oct 1 (not sure what type of package is required).

If you want CSN Houston on Uverse, Directv, or Dish let your voice be heard. Demand for your provider to carry it. Start here - http://www.iwantcsnhouston.com/

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I really doubt this is going to be an issue. I'm not going back to Comcast ever, so whatever.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So if AT&T picks it up in Austin and I have League Pass, will it be blacked out?

If so, I'm calling my local AT&T uverse provider and farting on the phone rep.

9. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

The Rockets games will be blacked out on that channel in Austin. Austin falls under the spurs reign, the NBA only allows 1 team to be televised in each city/region. All other programming should be view able.

I did call ATT yesterday to add the NFL RedZone channel and they said Comcast sports was also part of the package.

BTW i live in Austin.

1 person likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So I have to have HD in order to get the channel with Uverse? If so, that sucks.

I have the U200 package and was hoping that would cover it. If I have to get HD and the sports package then I'm downgrading to Family to compensate for some of the additional cost.

::EDIT::

NVM about downgrading to offset costs. The lower package is worthless. Damn.

#50 Haymitch, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  11. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Anyone else have Suddenlink as their provider?

12. Prince

Prince Member

I'm still with Uverse. I think I'll jsut wait until it starts before I make a move. I can handle watching the games on internet.. if uverse won't take action, I will.

13. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

No HD means pretty much all your TV packages are useless nowadays.

Can't imagine any TV program without HD.

14. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

U200?

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If you're saying that you have to have HD to enjoy what you're watching... science disagrees!

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I completely disagree with that. I cannot even watch anything non HD any longer. It hurts me eyes and I feel like I'm watching a cartoon.

17. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Le me put it this way: HD offers you the best viewing experience for the same program. It it even disputable? Once going HD, you can hardly going back to non HD.

18. Prince

Prince Member

i have friends who own luxury cars but they don't have HD at home but do have big HDTVs. people huh?

19. TheresTheDagger

Well, I'm leaving Houston for Montana so I will have games on league pass there. Thank goodness.

Uverse has not announced they are carrying Comcast yet and till they do, don't count on it.

For what its worth, I did all the survey's to get them to add the channel including the one linked in this thread and the one in Uverse's facebook page.

Good luck all.

20. mhsc008

mhsc008 Member