1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets on AT&T Uverse for 2012-13?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by junk151, Jul 15, 2012.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

dish guy here and I will switch in a heartbeat if they don't have the games.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You will have to subscribe to League Pass unfortunately. Your cable provider in Austin will only allow the package that includes FSSW which will give you Spurs/Astros games in that area.

Not sure about Texans games, but Im pretty sure FSSW does NOT cover those games in addition to the nation coverage on CBS/ESPN/FOX that covers the majority of Texans games on TV.

3. conquistador#11

so if we have dish network we are sol? =(

4. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

5. VanityHalfBlack

Damn, I just got a sweet deal on my Uverse too... HD for free up to a year and 18 bps internet for the price of a 12.... They even upgraded my uverse package 300 channel+ that includes Showtime/6 months free.. Please don't make me go back to Comcast!!!!!

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would call them right before the season starts and tell them that you are thinking about leaving because they do not carry Rockets games, and they might be actually be able to add that channel at no cost to keep you as a customer, or maybe even get a manager to comp NBA League pass. It worked for me with Time Warner two years ago, and its def. worth a phone call.

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I wish you guys the best of luck with uverse....

Don't take for granted they will automatically add it to their service. I live in the DFW area and it took them about 3 to 4 years to add NBA League Pass..

Good luck!!!!

T_Man

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

We got U-Verse last year. Love it, overall, except for all the glitches getting it up and running, and one big disappointment: we ordered NBALP, and certainly got billed for it, but never actually got it-- it never made it to our TV screen, somehow. Anyway, we will dart back to Comcast if necessary. Comcast has faster internet speeds, in my experience.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Everyone who has U-Verse, Dish, DirecTV... shouldn't worry.. They'll add CSN. They HAVE to. It's local sports coverage, each of them will lose customers if they don't. DirecTV has deals with other CSN regions, not sure about Dish. But regardless, I don't think anyone should worry at this point. Maybe if there isn't anything done closer to mid-late October should one worry.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I love how you say they HAVE to... especially with uverse...

I found out that uverse does what uverse wants to do...

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's there but you have to buy the Sports Pack. That gets you the Regional Sports Networks, International Soccer, MLB Strike Zone & NBC's Universal Sports Network.

12. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

SMH we gotz da f'in LHN but no Rox? :(

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm saying they'll have to unless they want to lose customers. It's regional sports channel for two professional sports teams, it's hard to see it not getting added.

14. junk151

junk151 Member

15. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Whoa - didn't realize that this was an issue! I'm a Uverse subscriber, but that will change if they don't carry the Rockets games.

16. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

17. junk151

junk151 Member

I'm sure it will be part of their packages. Starting with their most popular ones like Uverse U200, Directv choice ultra, etc.

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Nope, not going to happen at all. You're going to have to get league pass in Austin. They're never getting LHN either lol

19. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

That means the minimum package to watch it on comcast is digital prefer instead of digital starter?

Damn, that's at least 10 more dollars more per month.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

anyone know what channel/package it will be on Comcast?