1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offseason: Would you do this "trade"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matador, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Matador

Matador Member

Adding up all the Rockets off season trades and transactions what do you think of this "trade"?

Rockets trade: James Posey, Glen Rice, Jason Collier, Tito Maddux, Jauquin Hawkins, 2 draft picks (one lottery protected first rounder and one possible first rounder)

Rockets receive: Eric Piatkowski, Adrian Griffin, Jim Jackson, Mike Wilks, John Amaechi, Kings 2nd round draft pick, large trade exception

Overall I think the Rockets made out well this offseason. I think the players that left and the players that are coming in are pretty equal in overall talent. The trade exception could come in very handy down the road. I do hate losing the draft picks especially the first rounder.

If you were the Rockets GM and the above trade was possible would you do it?

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

You forgot to add the $6.5 MIL trade exception we got.

3. Nero

Nero Member

Rockets receive: Eric Piatkowski, Adrian Griffin, Jim Jackson, Mike Wilks, John Amaechi, Kings 2nd round draft pick, large trade exception

THAT large trade exception?

;)

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

You forgot the cash money (for bottom line -- or for luxury tax avoidance -- or for player movement flexibility over the next 12 monts, coupled with trade exception).

On the court? I prefer the gone group to the new group mostly because I think JPo will be missed -- and will fit in well while chasing us.

Unlike JVG I do believe in the value of draft picks.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd do it. Our new team looks so much deeper and more experienced. We complained all last year about lacking role players. What did they acquire for us? Some very solid role players. I'm excited. I think all the experience should make us alot tougher in the 4th quarter this year and we were terrible in the 4th quarter last year.

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

Doh! :eek: ;)

When I saw you mentioning Amaechi, Wilks and the 2nd rounder, I figure you had forgotten about it. heh