1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offering Scola, Ariza and Battier in sign-and-trades for Bosh or Amar'e

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 2, 2010.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If it is being reported, then chances are he has consented to said deal.

2. mms

mms Member

Timing, timing.

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

This sounds like some BS, only because Morey wouldn't give up ALL our wings for a player we have a glut at.

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

They do in a S&T. If he doesn't want to go to Toronto all he has to do is sign an offer sheet with another team, and if we match we cannot trade until December.

5. BreakYoSelfFool

Noone will care that we lost Ariza and Battier when we bring in Carmelo

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

If Morey pulls that off then I will be impressed.

7. Kate81

Kate81 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMvjmkv6j5M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMvjmkv6j5M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

bye bye bosh

Just had dinner w @dwadeofficial. Great way to end day 1 of #freeagency although it feels like someone is missing...... http://say.ly/FrP2L8

and rumors are swirling that amare wont do sign and trade with suns "bitter bitter breakup" a reliable insider said in arizona.

we stand pat(brad miller,ok)

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

No way we're going to trade all three players. It's either Ariza + Scola + draft picks or Battier + Scola + draft picks.

10. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Well that's discouraging...

11. BreakYoSelfFool

So Amare is supposedly too pissed to take an extra year and 20+ mil on his deal? :confused:

12. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Ok Morey its time to try and get Chris Paul or Carmello Anthony through a trade. This whole Bosh thing has been a damn fiasco anyway, he isn't worth chasing in my opinion and its pretty obvious he's Wade's b!tch. Time to move on.

13. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    ...and this is how it ends.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

When Amare realizes it's better for HIM to do a s&t, then he'll change his mind.

15. tofu--

tofu-- Member

This is just one big ego-boosting fest for him. I dunno if he's even taking anything really seriously.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Don't you think it would have already happened by now, if that was the case? I highly doubt Bosh has made up his mind already.

17. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

personally, i have a theory why this scola/ariza/battier thing came out. i think the rockets let it out on purpose.

1.bosh talks with miami at midnight,bosh then meets again with riley today with alonzo mourning,bosh hasnt made plans for tomorrow official. If he had meetings he would tweet it because he tweets everything.

imo I think Bosh made a deal tonight and Friday will be official. That explains the late night dinner with Wade and saying "someone is missing".. could be Riley,Lebron,who knows.

Now,as for this deal and why I think rockets mentioned these players. I think the real deal was hill,ny picks,budinger all along. Toronto has never wanted veterans,even BC said so. If the Rockets didnt offer Hill/Budinger then Rockets didnt want Bosh at all. I think the Rockets have to save face with Hill and Budinger because they are so young and make them feel "wanted" here. Scola and Battier are tough minded enough to handle their name in paper, Im not so sure Hill would be happy about it. Its just my theory. Obviously NY picks would be included but article doesnt mention them,something is purposely fishy about this.

18. Kate81

Kate81 Member

"someone is missing"

LeBron? WTF.

I can't see LeBron playing on Wade's team. Wouldn't make sense if LeBron wanted to be the greatest player ever.

19. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

what a few of you dont know, is that Amare will get paid MORE than Bosh. Amare has been in the league longer,so his deal will be slightly higher,plus he is 18 months older. My estimate is that a full max deal would have Amare at age 34 making 27 million a year from what someone told me.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I believe these a hole is waiting to see which team can fit 2 or 3 of them or have enough cap space to fit them. SO that's why they go through all of the teams to see how it go. There is no question Rockets are at the bottom of the list.

They're looking to join force and it is Lebron that will take the lead imo. I hope Lebron stay in Cleveland so these fkrs have limited choices and find Houston more attractive.