1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offering Scola, Ariza and Battier in sign-and-trades for Bosh or Amar'e

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 2, 2010.

1. realmustang

realmustang Member

That's too much money going to Toronto. Over $20 million in salary going to them. I don't think they have the cap space to take that on.

2. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

**** man i dnt wanna see ariza go

hopefully like the dealine deal scola and battier for amare lol actually taking his physical

3. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Jermaine Taylor says hello. Remember how he D'ed up Kobe?

4. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

Phoenix is one of the teams i watch alot of outside the Rockets, and i can definitely say he is underrated highly on this website.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I believe Spears is the one who broke this news. Woj is just retweeting it because it's a Yahoo report (his employer).

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Maybe Rick is building a team with offensive minded and no defensive minded. ;)

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

...and/or Biedrins. :)

8. Egghead

Egghead Member

Just thought of this.. Hedo wants out of TOR. Hedo plays SF, but has an awful contract.

Maybe it could be Scola, Ariza, and Battier for Bosh and Hedo.

9. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

tru, bc a yahoo source broke it. good thinkin didnt think bout that

10. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

People, it's not BOTH Ariza + Battier.

Signed Scola + Ariza/Battier will be close or basically match what Bosh/Amare makes

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

kinda late 2 other people thought of that 2

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:confused: :confused:

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Spears and Wojo are attached at the hip, not saying its true but I'd say legit.

14. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Definitely let Battier go. His contract is up after this year. The Rockets won't resign him. They signed Ariza to be the eventual SF of the future. Well, the time is now.

15. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Makes perfect sense as an either/or proposition; you can either have an expiring contract that can come in and stabilize a locker room, holds value to a contender at the trade deadline if you want more assets, and has no financial commitment, or one of the most sought-after free agents from a year ago, only significantly improved.

I think this makes it abundantly clear that no one is willing to pay $7M to a stiff like Jeffries unless it comes with some major perks, for example, an 8th overall pick, a future first rounder and an option to swap picks; teams would rather have nothing at all; the salary filler is going to have to be attached to useful players.

If it's true about shopping Ariza, I hate that they're doing Ariza so dirty like this, reminds me of how they traded Cat to the worst team in the league even though he risked his life to play for Houston, and turned down more money out of loyalty.

16. realmustang

realmustang Member

It's probably Scola and Battier to Phoenix. That's what the reported offer a the trade deadline was. Scola and Ariza to Toronto. I believe Toronto wanted him last summer.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Agree, a phx twitter guy mentioned Scola + picks and Gamboa said Battier and Scola so I'd say Scola and Battier plus picks should get it done.

18. BigTex

BigTex Member

did someone say small forward
    [​IMG]

;) jk

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Aren't you guys forgetting that the Raptors GM said he wants young players and draft picks for Bosh in a sign-and-trade deal? I would think they would want Ariza, but not Scola and Battier. Now if he blinks, he will get what he can, but he wants young assets.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Moot point, it doesn't matter what Toronto or Phoenix want if no one wants to come here.

And seriously now? You're going to question Morey in a situation of NEGOTIATING with other GM's? I know his record ain't perfect in drafting (Dorsey) and signing FA's (Barry, Francis, Wells) which is to say he's still among the best in the NBA at both of those components, but in my mind I can't recall a moment when a negotiating point with another GM resulted in a deal that was bad for us. So give him some credit there.