1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offering deal to Brent Barry (also updates on Landry, Horry)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Homey the Clown

Horry's tank is empty.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Getting a more detailed examination?

Didn't he play in the playoffs? I hope Landry is ok...

DD

3. kwng

kwng Member

I would welcome Brent Barry but Horry is just too old and he is liability in the last playoffs. The problem is who will we drop in our roster unless ... there is a trade .. a big trade coming.

4. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Berman only said that "league sources have told Fox that the Rockets will target guard Brent Barry (no mention of a deal)."

"The Rockets are also expected to express interest in forward Robert Horry."

The Rockets also retained Steve Novak after picking up his option.

I taped his broadcast; there is no deal yet.

5. mms

mms Member

Say no to Barry. He is old and one dimensional.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is a business, first and foremost....Landry should get his knee the clean bill of health and then go from there.

DD

7. carib

carib Member

I don't mind them going after Barry, we also need to maintian the promising youth in our team.

8. poprocks

poprocks Member

Head and BJax are most likely gone.

9. Possum

Possum Member

goodbye Head, Novak, Hayes, Jackson, Woods & last but not least Steve Francis. We need roster spots.

Hope we keep Landry and Harris.

10. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    HIIIIIOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

Picked up Novak's option then Landry is sure to be picked up. Morey is a stats guy. These two are some of the highest performers statistically on the Rockets.

12. YugoRocketsFan

I dont care what you guys say, young lets dont get people to the 2nd round, Horry has been to the 2nd round 16 times in his career, thats 16 more times than a lot of people on this team. Say yes to both.

13. Homie3

Homie3 Member

Duncan is not better than Yao.

I like Barry and Horry. They are both old, but they do have a great deal of experience. I also doubt we're expecting them to play big minutes if we get them, so calm down, guys.

14. YugoRocketsFan

LOL Duncan IS better than Yao.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think Landry ever got back to 100% in the playoffs. He looked OK in a couple of games but you could tell he didn't have it all together. But he sucked it up and did the best he could. My assumption was that his injury just needed more time and wasn't a long-term concern. Looks like there could be more to it.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

We did if they both become Rockets.

Horry can jump out of the gym and Brent Barry just won the dunk competition.

Sincerely,

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I just think the Rox should be out the business of Brent Barry types. Personally, i think Davis brings more to the table right and is a suitable backup to Tracy and can push shane for minutes. He's can create a shot, knock down 3's, get to the rim, and fill the lane. He's also been very durable and is 28-29. I think the rox should go after a guy like him instead of a guy like barry. I mean, i think the spurs are going to let him walk because they need to get more atheletic. Shouldnt the rox think the same?

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Post of the year. :D

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

horry is too old. i don't know he would stay healthy longer than preseason games.

20. Classic

Classic Member

Horry>>>>>>>>>Novak,Woods
    Barry>>>>>Brooks,Head,Bjax,Francis

Keep Brooks, the rest of the above can go. Man, we have a lot of trash on our roster. So what if Horry is old. We won't rely on him for anything but leadership and spot minutes. He brings experience and Barry would be a hell of an upgrade over Head, bjax or francis.