1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets no longer stay in Trump hotels

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Audioout, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

comrades I mean friends Colin Kapernicks 'error rockets initial target' is the worst thing to ever happen to the United States of America! It should divide you whoops I meant "us" completely you must obey krrrtc pfffft [bot shutdown error code 1456. Please contact the IRA (TFO) to re-initialize "murica' anger bot.] please send donations to any of our offices in Olgina Saint Petersburg. Спасибо!

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

time for russianlegend to finally gtfo

RedRedemption and el gnomo like this.
  3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I liked this post just so that I could unlike it.

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Telling me to get over myself, yet you responded to two of my posts on my personal opinion...You have already let me know you served our nation, for which...thank you. However, if you believe that your experiences as a "wounded vet" give you the right to drag me into your echo chamber, then you are clearly delusional...What you believe is trivial and how much respect you have for "people like me..." means jackshit to me...

Lastly I underlined your most damning comment...To serve your nation should be something of great pride...and instead of being forgotten in history, our nation has given the unsung heroes a platform to be thanked and revered. After all sports are just games...Sports helps us remember why we have these freedoms to watch the games with our families and love ones. Its something I would like to honor...And if I am putting my hard earned dollars into an event that I want to watch, I don't want those said players disrespecting that moment.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Seems you answered your own question...

6. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

I have been a Rockets fan for over 25 years since I was 4 years old and I never said I would stop watching the team; I just said it would be hard to support them because I do not agree philosophically with the protesters. It would seem a lot of other people agree with this sentiment, evidenced by NFL owners now forcing their players to stand during the anthem because their TV ratings are dropping by historic levels as American citizens are deciding that they'd rather not see their country and its ideals disrespected by millionaire, pampered athletes.

I won't support the current protests because there is no basis in reality that systemic racism exists. I challenge you to name one law that discriminates against anybody that is being legally upheld in the United States (except for Affirmative Action, I guess, because apparently discriminating against white people doesn't count.)

I believe in civility, family and education, and so I would absolutely support an athlete that protests any of the following: black on black crime rate (check out Chicago's shooting rates, or the amount of black people murdered by other black people), 75% of black children born out of wedlock or into single parent families, or culture that judges each other for being "too white" when they take begin seriously pursuing academic interests.

So yes, I think it's sad that the team isn't staying at Trump hotels, but that honestly doesn't bother me very much. I think it would be worse if they kneel on court over accusations of racism in our country when there are clearly bigger problems in black communities which they don't seem to care about.

BruceAndre likes this.
  7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Ignorance is when you don't know.

8. bongman

bongman Member

So what your saying is YOU are allowed to disagree and not support the action of another but the team can't. So privileged of you

9. dandorotik

Let's kick out all those fans who don't have their hands over their hearts, didn't remove their caps, and are talking during the Anthem.

[​IMG]

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're being disingenuous at best. You want to present a photo where the vast majority of fans are complying to social norms to our national anthem and suggest we should kick out the rest when the argument has nothing to do with what you're trying to present. Whether you're putting your hand across your chest, taking your hat off, or folding your hands across your crotch, vast majority of them are being respectful. The annoyance is dragging politics into an otherwise entertainment experience. None of these fans are talking or refusing to remove their hats or cross the hands to make a political statement.

Not all of us live minute to minute of our lives outraged at Republicans and Trump. Some of us accept this is what we will get for the next 3 years and a couple months due to our inept political system and can only hope the opposing party will actually spend their time trying to vet a viable and reasonable candidate instead of spending it in complete outrage and duplicating their last mistake. At this point, I am not very optimistic. If this forum represents mainstream America and the idiocracy found here, we are stuck with Trump for another 7 years. Honestly, who could possibly put up a candidate that would lose against Trump?

11. dandorotik

The players who are kneeling did not bring politics into the sport, either. You can thank the league for that. Most players pre-2012 did not even come out on to the field for the Anthem. And the Anthem was added to games as a recruiting tool for the U.S. military. Do your research.

The argument from Mr. Trump is about the DISRESPECT these players are supposedly showing towards our national anthem. Well, then my point stands. Especially when fans threaten to boycott games over something they themselves do.

And most of us would like nothing better than to completely ignore Trump. He's irritating and I've been tired of his act for a long time. He gives some of us no choice at times. That's what happens when you have that type of influence and the bully pulpit.

I didn't give two ***** about most of what GW Bush was doing in office on a daily basis. I much prefer that.

12. bongman

bongman Member

People protest so their voice can be heard. How about instead of stating what you want to support or what you want people to care about, how about just LISTEN?

CallMeTheDream and edwardc like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nope...

**** you for assuming someone's priorities over a damn knee bend. You directed an insult to me based on my opinion on a knee bend.

You directed an insult to me, someone whose actually lost close friends and almost had his leg severed off for this country in a pointless war.

So **** you for making an arbitrary distinction based on a god damn knee bend on who is a 'worrhy citizen'.

You are clearly delusional if you do think my experiences of ****ing actually fighting in a god damn war for this country is not going to rustled my jimmies when a punk like you tries to use veterans as a crutch and believes he owns 'patriotism' and then proceeds to tell me that I don't have my priorities straight.

I don't care if I get banned because of you. You are a genuine peoce of ****. Go block me and please never responded.

If the NFL exectives truly honored the veterans they would do it for free rather than use millions of tax payer dollars for a glorified recruitment ad.

You Re a fake patriot. And yes, I do have more of a right to tell you that because I actually did sacrifice my body in the most literal sense in service to this country even though it was in service to a pointless war. You haven't done **** besides create arbitrary lines of division.

#93 fchowd0311, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    CallMeTheDream, Yung-T and el gnomo like this.
  14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Its more than clear that I touched a nerve...Check into the nearest psychiatric VA hospital bc You are clearly unhinged, and found a reason to escalate a personal stance into pure hatred...You are bitter about serving and perhaps you should never have. It is more than clear you have displaced this anger at those politically opposed to you. Your response is an absolute disgrace and you have unresolved anger issues...I dont need to block anyone, bc clearly I have much thicker skin...but this is my last response to your post...

BruceAndre likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I doubt it has much to do with 'thicker skin' and more to due with geniune intent.

I doubt you actually care about the anthem at sporting events. You didn't physically sacrifice anything. Your perspective comes from being irked by a knee bend.

My perspective is coming from me actually almost severing my leg for service to this country and having a fool like you who thinks that adherence to a pregame side show places you in a position to tell someone who actually has tangibly risked his life for the country that his 'priorities' out of wack.

And how disgusting does one have to be to assume that a poster is suffering PTSD from fighting in a war and use that notion to disparage the poster while at the same time claiming how irked they are about a knee bend that allgedly 'offends veterans'. You just showed your true colors there. You don't give a **** about veterans. You are just using this as a tool to further your trolling? If you genuinely cared about veterans you wouldn't so flippantly state 'lol I rustled your jimmies, lol maybe you need clinical help because of that war. Lol I successfully trolled you! Now let me tell you how much I care about veterans'.

Go fist **** you self.

How far up your ass are you?

Yes, I'm not afraid to admit my jimmies were rustled and that has to do with me actually having something I genuinely care about while you are just trolling.

Go **** yourself.

#95 fchowd0311, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Yung-T and el gnomo like this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

What culture judges people for being “too white” if they are serious about academics?

Hell everybody appreciated the smart kid in class. I was crazy popular lol

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What bothers me most about the anthem protests is that I stopped standing for the anthem at Astros/Rockets games years ago. And guess what... no one cared.

Now this Kaepernick fella does it and (one year later) EVERYONE cares! WTF! So unfair.

KingCheetah likes this.
  18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    So many people are put off by the players who want to double as social commentators/lecturers because these players are not regarded as intelligent or informed by most people (sorry, an insensitive truth). So it comes across as inappropriate to have to listen to an uneducated, hypocritical lecture from individuals who have no authority or credentials to speak on an issue. It's disrespectful of these players to think that their opinion is any more important that the rest of us. Same goes for Hollywood actors. And when disrespect for the flag is introduced, it simply becomes unbearable.

GOOD DAY

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The outrage is skin deep. At the very top of the surface. It's fake. But the group outrage might have grown to the point where it actually has sunk deep down. Mass faux outrage that essentially now is the truth to the group. Mass delusion.

Of course there are some that are genuinely bothered. But I bet those are the same folks that would be MORE bothered by Trump stomping on a basic constitution right.

20. Buck Turgidson

You commie snoflake b*stard!

Haymitch likes this.