1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets Newsletter] Old School Intro Music! This Season!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasselas, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Oh, baby.

Oh my goodness.

I've got goosebumps.

Am I reading this right?

If so, this makes me almost as excited as I was when I heard about Swift and Alston.

I just got one of the usual mass e-mails from Rockets.com. This one was titled "Top Ten Reasons to Attend Rockets Opening Night." I'm sure many of you got the same e-mail.

Check out #10! Could it be? Please? Could they really be bringing back the old intros? This is something I've coveted for years.

Oh, sorry if this was brought up earlier and I missed it.

Man, sucks to not live in Houston right now!

Top Ten Reasons to Attend Rockets Opening Night

10. Brand new Rockets pre-game player introductions. The “new”intro music will take you back…or should I say back-to-back?

9. Rockets Rally Towels to the first 15,000 fans through the doors.

8. Liftoff Party on the pad before the game. Can you say beer garden?

7. The World Series is over and the Texans...well…IT’S BASKETBALL SEASON, BABY!

6. Stromile vs. Shareef – the battle of the 2005 free agent power forwards.

5. See what antics Clutch was up to in the off-season.

4. Four words: New Rockets Power Dancers.

3. The last time the Rockets played Sacramento, Tracy dropped 22 on Peja. Don’t miss this epic match-up between two of the best small forwards in the NBA.

2. Texas’ own Roger Creager will be performing at the pre-game Liftoff Party and halftime.

1. Be among the first fans to get the first look at your new Houston Rockets as they open the 2005-06 NBA season at home.

Opening night is next Wednesday, November 2nd at 7:30 PM and new ticket inventory has just been released today.

Click here to purchase your Rockets vs. Kings opening night tickets today!

The Database Guy’s weekly Top 10 lists are featured on Rockets.com in the Special Features section.

Live It. Every Day. Every Game

2. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

what songs would it be???
    any ideas?

3. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

THE Classic Rockets intro music....

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

God, I hate that crappy ass dance music. Ugh.

"Ya'll ready for this..."

Oh, just shoot me now. I hated that stupid crap back then and I hate it even worse now. Good reason to show up at the games late or hang out in the concourse until it is over.

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I love the old intro even though I don't care for that kind of music. Will they get the same announcer? I think this is great.

6. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

The old music is OK. But I think instead of trying to "go back" to the good old time, Rockets should look forward to the "new era". I mean, don't you think with the young core of Yao, Tmac and Swift, Rockets might have a dynasty that surpass the old Rockets?

7. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

I remember........

"At center, 7 foot from Houston, #34, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEM, THE DREEEEEEEEEEAM, OLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJUWON

Those were the days ;) ;)

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I actually have that one song on shuffle on my cd changer just becuase of the memories that it inspires. Goofy, fun stuff I tell ya.

9. Rasselas

Jeff, I normally hate that kind of music, too.

But I've always associated that music with the "good 'ol days." Whenever I hear that cheesy, pulsing, pounding tecno, a goofy smile spreads across my face.

Say what you want about the artistic quality of the music, but the crowd was PUMPED UP when they played that stuff.

Man I'm psyched.

10. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I just hope we don't have that annoying guy yelling "Who's ball is it?" and "Defense.....LOUDER!". Pleeeeeeasse don't do it!!! :mad:

The other thing I hate is all the music they play during the game, especially when the Rox are on offense.

11. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still like last years' intro, "Won't get fooled again". The Who rocks. The crowd may be listless, but the song rocks.

Houston Native

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

As long as it's not that drum intro or T-Gray crap, I'm fine w/ it.

13. Rasselas

See, I look at this as the perfect compromise. I'm sure that the in-game production will be full of newer bells and whistles.

The intro, though, is about continuity. A link to glory. A reminder that Yao, T-Mac, and company walk in the foosteps of champions.

#13 Rasselas, Oct 31, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  14. JJ

JJ Member

Wasn't the old intro music actually "always" by Erasure? I thought I remembered they used to come out to a remix of that song?

15. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I also liked this intro ALOT. With the smoke coming out of the rocket and all. That was awesome and I love that song. As for the old intro with the techno music, I' am with most of you. I really don't like the song but I will always asociate it with the Rockets when even I hear it. It sure does bring back good memories.

16. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I love that intro, I feel 10 foot tall and bullet proof when I hear it..

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think they should play "SWEET GEORGIA BROWN" for their intro music and let Meadowlark Lemon entertain at half time. :D

18. cmcortese

cmcortese Contributing Member

does anyone have the old school intro music in an audio file to post?

19. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

actually, the old intro music was "you got to know" by capella. i, for one, am a huge fan of the old intro music, just cuz of the fact that it takes me back to the good ol days with hakeem. CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE GAME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!

here it is http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1567SSEQ8MKIK21V7I55T254S9

#19 aboinamedray, Oct 31, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  20. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Yeah, the old music is not "yall ready for this". Its the "you got to know". That got everyone pumped glad its back